• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Beard Thread

• Members

Since beards are referred to so much in scripture, I thought it might be both fun and edifying to have a thread where fellows can discuss all things beard.  I am not usually one for discussing such things.  I have seen an explosion of popularity of beards among men recently, which is wonderful, but I have also noticed an explosion of videos and websites of men talking about their beards in much the same way that women talk about make up; about which I am not pleased.

For those of you who may not be familiar with what history and God's word has to say about beards and who may have not seen this video, I submit Pastor John Weaver's sermon entitled, "The Biblical and Historical Significance of the Beard."   Enjoy, fellas.

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I'm a middle-man...

I no longer have hair in the middle of my head, and I can only grow hair in the middle of my face. LOL! 

I have a mustache and a salt-n-pepper goatee.

My avatar pic speaks for me.

• Members
3 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

If I could grow a full beard, I would...it's just not full enough on the sides of my face. Too much American Indian in me I think.

I still may try it just to see how it goes though.

Many men discover that when their beard is just growing in, it's rather sparse, but if they let it go, it eventually fills in.  Grow what you can grow.