• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Some Ukulele Videos, et al.

Ukulelemike

• Moderators

I was asked for some more uke videos, so I thought I'd see about putting one or two up, maybe more later. Also, if anyonea music video to share, for those who hve some talent, feel free to share, as well.

Not sure if I have put this one up or not, just one of my men and I singing together.

An early one, the rythym is a bit odd, as I was still working out bugs in proper playing of Christian music on the uke. This was written by Dr. Herbert Tovey, who taught my parents in classical music, and also has written some hymns.

• Moderators

The first one was done with my friend Harmen, who was the hymn director when I was first pastor there, and was my first friend there. He stuck with me over some difficult times, particularly when my wife (though not at the time) and I were accused of some ugly things by some folks there, including the old pastor and his wife, from listening to a person there that THEY had warned me against ever listening to (so I don't even know how that happened!). He is now living in Nevada near their kids as he and his wife are getting pretty old.

Harmen recently got a call from the pastor of the church he attended while he and his wife were in Guam a couple years back, who told him that they had come across this video and played it for their church, which apparently they enjoyed immensely, so he had to let me know that we are now an international sensation, lol.