• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heads or Tails?

heartstrings

• Moderators
5 hours ago, wretched said:

Thanks bro but I don't need to recheck it, I have known it for many years.

There was a time I thought it would be wise to own bullion if the economy collapses but I came to realize that if or when that would occur before the great tribulation, only food/medicines and guns and ammo to get food/medicines would matter. You can't eat gold or silver and no one would value it if times were really bad.

I agree, Wretched-once things fall apart, the best commodities will be non-perishables like beans and rice, flour, sugar, coffee, tobacco (if you are so disposed, as it will be in great demand and itself is much less unhealthy than actual cigarettes and will last longer), chapstick, TP and the like. These are real things that one can live off of, or things many will gladly trade for.

Okay, back on topic.

• Members
6 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

I agree, Wretched-once things fall apart, the best commodities will be non-perishables like beans and rice, flour, sugar, coffee, tobacco (if you are so disposed, as it will be in great demand and itself is much less unhealthy than actual cigarettes and will last longer), chapstick, TP and the like. These are real things that one can live off of, or things many will gladly trade for.

Okay, back on topic.

If things ever get that bad the government will confiscate it and/or people will steal it from you.

• Members

Here's the two coins. Working on one at a time and it's coned about as far as I can get it on the sizing mandrel so I will finish it on the hydraulic press at the shop on Friday. The pure silver is much harder than I expected. Had to do a lot of hammering to get it to this stage.

ring in progress.jpg