• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Father, Forgive Them

John81

• Administrators

Please see my post on Paul the Heretic but HappyChristian you don't know "the prayer was intended for God not to strike them all dead right at that point" that is just foolish nonsense to deflect from the real meaning of what he was saying. He was saying that without any form of repentence, without any acknowledgement that Jesus was god by these people Jesus was still able to and did grant salvation. Dear--- people salvation was a free gift for all mankind through his son, thanks to Paul the heretic you all seem to have a really tough time accepting this. I preached a sermon on this exact topic. You MUST use Occum's Razor, Jesus actually meant "Father forgive them" and he was actually talking about ALL OF MANKIND, that actually lines up beautifully with scripture (Jesus's words not Pauls) 2 And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

I don't need to see your post, thank you. And please read a bit more carefully: I did not say that the prayer was intended for that purpose...I said I'd HEARD that. Do not misrepresent my words.

And do not use God's name in that way again. Using God's name in vain is not allowed here. That you did so is not open for argument.

Just because you preached a sermon on the topic doesn't make you right. In all actual fact, noone can definitively say exactly what Christ meant...

And, cease and desist calling Paul a heretic. God would not have used him to pen scripture were that the case.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived