• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

One Nation – Two Prophets

1Timothy115

• Members

Happy Easter! He is risen! Today we celebrate Christ risen from the grave.

I read about a nation today very similar to these United States.

In Jeremiah chapter 2, I read about a nation who forsook God and trusted in their own wisdom resulting in shame and the demise of that nation. Did the Lord Jesus Christ let our nation down in the past that we should forsake him and trust what man has done?

Jeremiah 2:5 Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?

Jeremiah 2:28 “But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble:”

In 2 Chronicles chapter 15, I read about a nation which found and embraced the remedy for their nation’s trouble. The result was rest and peace as long as they served God.

2 Chronicles 15:1 And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded:

2 Chronicles 15:2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

2 Chronicles 15:4 But when they in their trouble did turn unto the LORD God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.

2 Chronicles 15:12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;

2 Chronicles 15:15b “and he was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest round about.”

At present there is a tense anxiety across these United States of some impending catastrophe. The Lord, Jesus Christ is coming soon, is the heart and soul of America ready?

Matthew 23:37   O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Matthew 23:38   Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Matthew 23:39   For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

O America, America!

Acts 4:12 “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

• Members

We have taken the blessings of the Lord for granted. In so doing we've come to believe our blessings have been the result of our own work.

Will the Lord find faith when He returns? Will we humble ourselves in repentance before God?

Archived