• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Weariness Of The Flesh

2bLikeJesus

• Members

Ecclesiastes 12:12 (KJV)
12  And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. 

I am a student at college again after being away from academia for over 32 years.  The homework load and trying to relearn all the algebra and stuff I have forgotten after non-use for over 30 years is proving to be a great weariness.  I am only in my 5th term with 10 more terms to go.  Pray for strength for me and that I can keep my priorities like ministry, prayer time, and time in the bible in their proper priority levels.  I am ashamed to admit that I have been backsliding a bit and am falling behind in my bible reading and my ministry is not being performed at the high standards I once had it at. 

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory.

• Members

Praying.

Keeping our focus on Christ and not allowing ourselves to become entangled with other things is a constant battle. Whether it's work, school, our spouse, children or some other thing, there is always something we can easily become distracted by.

You are wise to ask for prayer because we can't win these battles alone.

I would encourage you to establish a specific time for Bible reading that's set in stone, and allow nothing to interfere with it.

Archived