• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Post That Will Not Stand Long Here (Tithing)

The Glory Land

• Members

Hebrews 7:3 carries the proof that Melchizedek was not Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

The key words in that verse I bolded.  "LIKE UNTO".

Like unto is used for comparison.  Melchizedek was like the Son of God, he was not the Son of God.

Jesus Christ is our high priest. Moreover, He is greater and better than the priestly line of Levi through Aaron.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have studied OT Melchizedek is Jesus Christ.  

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

After His ascension in Acts He is at the right hand of the Father, not on earth any longer.

2 Timothy 2:15-16 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 

I have shown by scripture, and not my opinion, how this is Truth.  I will not post anything further to prove this truth because it goes against scripture and how to treat a brother in Christ.

Um... excuse me????  How have you given proof that Melchizedek was Jesus by posting John 1:1.  That says absolutely nothing of Melchizedek.

By stating that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father??  Again, no proof that Jesus was Melchizedek.

By quoting 2 Timothy 2:15-16???   Once more, no proof that Melchizedek was Jesus.

You've provided no proof, Galations220.  And anybody reading this thread can clearly see you haven't.

• Members

Jesus Christ is our high priest. Moreover, He is greater and better than the priestly line of Levi through Aaron.

That still says nothing of Him being Melchizedek. 

Aaron was High Priest in the beginning of the Law.  Was he also Jesus?

Eliashib was High Priest in Nehemiah's day.  Was he also Jesus?

Also, Melchizedek was not called a High Priest... only a Priest.

Your argument falls through, Galations220.

• Members

Um... excuse me????  How have you given proof that Melchizedek was Jesus by posting John 1:1.  That says absolutely nothing of Melchizedek.

By stating that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father??  Again, no proof that Jesus was Melchizedek.

By quoting 2 Timothy 2:15-16???   Once more, no proof that Melchizedek was Jesus.

You've provided no proof, Galations220.  And anybody reading this thread can clearly see you haven't.

It is the Trinity- Father, Son, Holy Ghost.  

• Members

The Lord has laid these two verses on my heart to post here for you even though I stated I was done God was not done with me here on this thread.

Psalms 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. 

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 

God's truth always stands firm and I am leaning on Him patiently, allowing His scripture to speak to you.  You have not offended me, nor chased me away, rather I am praying for you in this area, even as you do the victory dance after bashing me in the head with your opinions.

• Members

The fact is, I have given Scripture to support that God gave the tithes to the Levites in 1430 B.C. I have given Scripture to support the fact that tithes were to be given also to widows, orphans, and foreigners in Israel.

I have given Scriptures that prove that God's tithes were eaten.

Where is your Scripture that says God gave the tithes to the Church and said those tithes were to be monetary?

Oh, that's right... You have none.

Archived