• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Magic House?

irishman

• Members

I know I am not supposed to believe in magic, but there are some rather strange things going on here! When I squeeze the toothpaste tube until I get the very last bit out of it, it seems to always be replenished the next time I use it! The tissue paper, when nothing is left but a tube seems to replenish itself with a new one before long! When the soap is so small that it breaks when I try to use it, there is soon another fresh bar in the soap dish.
That’s not all, when I have worn my clothes until my drawer is almost empty, there is suddenly a full set of under clothes and socks, folded neatly in the drawer as if they had never been used and the bed? Somehow it gets made every day and all smells fresh and clean! The dishes seem to do themselves, and no matter how many there are, they are stacked and clean. Some of these mysterious happenings are, no doubt, my wife’s doing, but some...I just don’t know!
I thank God for the wife He has given me. She has given her life to me and the kids, and many times go without the things she would like to have. I hear the vacuum cleaner running often, and know she is busy about her chores; I and the children sit at the table and enjoy the delicacies she has prepared for us, with no complaining. I truly thank God for my wife and the “magic” she adds to it every day.