• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pop up ads of 5" platform heels

farouk

• Members

John81:

So what about all the Godly women, who wear them (whether or not to our bafflement)?

I just addressed that.

What the question today is, as it is with other aspects, is what Christians rejected in generations past now acceptable or should such still be rejected? This is a question that applies to many things and one Christians have wrestled with for a long time.

• Members

I just addressed that.

What the question today is, as it is with other aspects, is what Christians rejected in generations past now acceptable or should such still be rejected? This is a question that applies to many things and one Christians have wrestled with for a long time.

John81:

What I guess I'm getting at is, from what you said earlier: are heels, in your view, supposed evidence of a lack of Godliness on the part of church ladies that most born again Christians would regard as Godly?

• Members

John81:

What I guess I'm getting at is, from what you said earlier: are heels, in your view, supposed evidence of a lack of Godliness on the part of church ladies that most born again Christians would regard as Godly?

We would first need to address the question I posed so as to establish a basis of consistency.

• Members

We would first need to address the question I posed so as to establish a basis of consistency.

John81:

Not sure I follow your direct meaning.

Do you mean that you would like to think that heels are a sign of a lack of Godliness, although it's difficult to say so?

• Members

John81:

Not sure I follow your direct meaning.

Do you mean that you would like to think that heels are a sign of a lack of Godliness, although it's difficult to say so?

I mean exactly what I said. There are many things Christians do and accept today which past generations of Christians didn't. Are we going to say all these are acceptable today because many Christians now do these? Are we going to say since past generations of Christians rejected them then we must cleanse ourselves and do the same? Are we going to pick and choose, and if so, what will be the basis for what is acceptable now and what we must return to the old standards for?

• Members

John81. It's okay; you don't have to answer my question. There are plenty of things I'd rather not get into specifically, too. Thank-you for bearing with me, anyhow.

I believe I did answer the question. This is something we as Christians need to address as some of these matters divide churches and give poor witness to the lost. We need to address these several issues rather than looking at just one or two.

• Members

I believe I did answer the question. This is something we as Christians need to address as some of these matters divide churches and give poor witness to the lost. We need to address these several issues rather than looking at just one or two.

John81:

So now I get you.

You really think and say that heels on Godly ladies "divide churches and give poor witness to the lost"?

• Members

John81:

So now I get you.

You really think and say that heels on Godly ladies "divide churches and give poor witness to the lost"?

Are you stuck on this? As I said, this is one of several issues today that causes some problems because Christians of the past held to different standards. We need to address all of these issues and determine what our stand will be and what the basis of our stand will be.

It doesn't matter if it's high heel women shoes, earrings on men, or which particular issue, they all need to be addressed and it would be good if such were begun among IFBs before we become split even further.

• Members

It doesn't matter if it's high heel women shoes, earrings on men, or which particular issue, they all need to be addressed and it would be good if such were begun among IFBs before we become split even further.

John81:

Well, friend, I don't agree that local churches need new divisions introduced on issues such as Godly ladies who happen to wear heels...

If this is what you think, though, then it's not me that is 'stuck' there.

• Members

John81:

Well, friend, I don't agree that local churches need new divisions introduced on issues such as Godly ladies who happen to wear heels...

If this is what you think, though, then it's not me that is 'stuck' there.

It's more than just heels that have become issues in many churches. There are issues with flip-flops, sandals, sneakers, cowboy boots, etc.

There are issues regarding dresses and skirts, legnths, slits, slips, pantyhose, etc. There is the issue of pants which sometimes extends inot types. There are issues regarding cullottes.

Use of guitars, drums and other musical instruments.

What type of songs are acceptable.

How long sermons should be.

What Bible version.

Make up.

Hair length and styles for men and women. Even issues with beards, sideburns and other aspects of men's facial hair.

Shorts, for both male and female.

Women teachers, women on church boards, even women preachers.

Movies, video games, board games, etc.

All of these and so many more are divisive issues among Baptists and Christians in general. Part of the reason is failure to properly address them. Of course for some, it's simply a matter of them doing whatever they want regardless.

As many have noted, it's increasingly difficult to find a good church today. Even if the church is Baptist, even if it calls itself IFB, they may each be all over the board on these issues here as well as many others.

• Members

What guys would?

John81:

I guess I assumed that your views were significant among the Independent Baptists with whom you meet. (With me, attending an independent Bible based church, though it's not called baptist, even though we do baptise by immersion.)