• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lent

John81

• Members

Wonder, how many in our Baptist Churches has a good understanding of the Lord's Supper? Probably they think we are doing as the RCC does.

And one lenter can turn a whole church into linters.

1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

• Members

Not Catholic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:St-Valentine-Kneeling-In-Supplication.jpg (to Mary)

Like a number of RC saints, he probably didn't exist, and is just the pagan Eros, or Cupid, renamed and incorporated into RC paganism.

I know nothing about St. Valentine and it wasn't until I was in my 20s that I even found out that Valentines Day wasn't some "love holiday" but had something to do with some Catholic "saint". I did learn that the symbol we now call a heart, the "heart shape" (which looks nothing like an actual heart) was originally the symbol of something entirely different and very sexual in nature.

• Members

Wonder, how many in our Baptist Churches has a good understanding of the Lord's Supper? Probably they think we are doing as the RCC does.

And one lenter can turn a whole church into linters.

1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

At one Baptist church near here, that we visited some years ago, the minister seemed to believe in transansubstiation, but one member told me she believed in consabstansiation, the Lutheran view. Edited by Invicta