• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The “Burning Bush”

irishman

• Members

The “Burning Bush”
Exodus 3: 1-5

Have you had a “burning bush” experience? A burning bush would of necessity, give off light. Does your life emit light? Jesus said “Ye are the light of the world”.. but are you allowing Him to burn through you? Do you “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Mt. 5: 16). If not, you should!
A “burning Bush” experience does not burn out; “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.” (Ex. 3:2). The bush “was not consumed”. Be careful that you don’t become “swallowed up” in the work of the Lord. Make sure you rekindle the fire, and re-fuel it often, so that it never dwindles. Keep the fires burning!
A “burning Bush” experience gets the attention of others! “And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.” (Ex. 3:3)
A “burning Bush” will afford us an audience with the Lord. (Ex. 3: 4); we shall walk on “Holy ground” (Ex. 3:5) Keep the fires burning, it is worth the effort! It will keep us walking straight and true; it will allow us to commune with God, to walk together as one; to be in fellowship one with another.

• Members

Matthew 5:16 was the first verse I memorized after being born again.

One of the ways I let my light shine is by speaking of prayer often. I'll speak of people/things I've prayed about and the answers received from God. That often opens doors for talking further about the Lord. If nothing else, they notice I'm a peculiar person! :icon_mrgreen:

Of course that's not the only way we should "shine" for our Lord, but I thought I would share that right now.