• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Extraordinary Women Conference

Lisa Anne

• Members

C'mon, you all knowwww you wanna go!

http://www.ewomen.net/

A family member posted on her FB that she is going to this. It saddens me. Her husband is a part of Operation Blessing and has been doing a tremendous work in Haiti, even before the quake. often pray for him while he travels and while his wife stays home with their 2 boys. I think her parents attend a Church of God, and I thought she and her husband attended a Baptist church. Not that that means much anymore I suppose, but I guess I always knew they were in to the contemporary scene. This event looks like a good way to please the carnal mind and get your blood pumping. People think their Spirit is growing in these events/concerts but really they are getting an adrenaline rush that will prOBably die off the next day. And really it looks like a big "Women, let's go conquer the world!" hiatus. Would it be surprising if lesbians were abundant at the conferences? Afterall the About Us section does say it is open to all women, regardless of their religious affiliation. They just want to "host events and provide resources that equip women to handle life’s difficulties while enriching their hearts, encouraging their souls and expanding their ministry" among several other visions and intentions for the event.

Here is a scripture quote from the bottom of the website:
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit"

Which should read:
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." KJB Romans 15:13

• Members

Considering who the speakers are I wouldn't expect much from this.

Also, if they are having that many musical performers that means much of the time will be taken up with music. Kari JOBe is a "worship leader" who now also puts out pop worship albums and I think all the rest are "mainstream" pop/rock CCM performers.

• Members

I recognize some of the artists as CCM artists but honestly don't have a clue about any of the speakers. Really that is a world I am out of touch with and have no real knowledge of and I don't at all mind to keep it that way.

"Bringing the message of hope and healing through our speakers and music"

• Members

One of the women speakers is a commediane. I only know this because I've seen her comedy CDs/DVDs advertised. Stormie Omartian is the only other one I recognize. She has written some decent books on prayer, but she's also ecumenical and not someone I would recommend for anyone who couldn't separate the meat from the bones.

• Members

Hmmm, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on upbeat, positive feelings but I don't see a lot of information about being OBedient and faithful, or an emphasis on turning from worldliness. I think your OBservation is quite astute, Lisa Anne. I think the emotionalism fostered by this conference will not last very long.

It saddens me, because I could see many women who have sincere hearts and are truly looking for an authentic means of drawing closer to God being drawn to a conference like this.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not sprophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:21–27)

• Members

Hmmm, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on upbeat, positive feelings but I don't see a lot of information about being OBedient and faithful, or an emphasis on turning from worldliness. I think your OBservation is quite astute, Lisa Anne. I think the emotionalism fostered by this conference will not last very long.

It saddens me, because I could see many women who have sincere hearts and are truly looking for an authentic means of drawing closer to God being drawn to a conference like this.

Yes, it can be enticing! Even for a saved person who may in a vulnerable moment. Maybe the Lord will bless someone at this event in one way or another. I can not say he will or will not. It may even be a blessing when someone realizes this event is not right and leaves. But it's OBvious that much (if not all) of what is going on there is against Scripture. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I won't question His will.