• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

WAYOFTHEMASTER

jdunagan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe strongly in the use of the law, and there are some others here that do as well. It's certainly biblical.
Just got the new edition of the WOTM yesterday. Mark Cahill's book One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven is excellent.

• Members

I attended one of their Transformed conferences recently. It was great. As Samer says their use of the law and straight forward approach is awesome. I have WOTM, God doesn't believe in Atheist, and several other books of theirs. I also have a copy of the Evidence Bible that so far I have enjoyed very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just a word of caution about Ray Comfort.

He is a Neo-evangelical who promoted Mel Gibson's passion of the Christ and recently 'preached' at Joyce Meyer's 'church'.

He has also accepted endorsements from 'false teachers'

So please BEWARE!

Having said that he does have some good material and I found his books a real blessing, however, I have moved on now and would NOT give my recommendation of him to anyone unless they are grounded in the truth.

Bro. Samer has done some excellent work with tracts using the law etc. and articles on the sinner's prayer. I would recommend you read his material, at least he has written it from an IFB KJB perspective (God Bless you Bro. Samer and well done).

Doc H

• Members

In case I have 'puffed' up Samer too much ( :lol ) let's not forget that Jesus and the apostles used law and grace, not to mention old time preachers such as Whitfield, Edward's, Wesley and Spurgeon.

So there is no real need to go to WOTM.

• Members

Way of the Master is a great resource IMHO. When we are in a world of Christianity who, for the most part, promote an easy-believism style of soulwinning, it is very helpful to have a book or program that gives you the steps to help you lead someone to Christ biblically.

• Members

There is a person at my church that likes Comfort's material and hands out. Yes, they look good and could be OK with doctrine, but they do lead back to his web site and I would not be comfortable with that as he has some things on there I would not want to seem to promote.

So, I stay away from WOTM.

God bless
Bro. Mike

• Members

I don't like Ray Comforts methods of street preaching. I saw him on TV soapbox preaching, screaming at people telling them they're going to hell if they don't repent. He doesn't have to scream to get the message across. It's annoying.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Strange he is normally very even in tone and volume. He does open air preach but I can't say I have seen him when he was screaming at a crowd. His approach is direct but not confrontational, he actually warns against being too confrontational. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Strange he is normally very even in tone and volume. He does open air preach but I can't say I have seen him when he was screaming at a crowd. His approach is direct but not confrontational, he actually warns against being too confrontational. :dunno:

Oh, he can be very confrontational but I've never heard him scream at anyone.

They did play a bit on the radio several days ago with Ray open air preaching where he was being heckled by an atheist in the crowd and he singled the atheist out and really let him have it. By the time he was done, he had won the crowd's respect and shown the foolishness of the atheists argument.

• Members

Just a word of caution about Ray Comfort.

He is a Neo-evangelical who promoted Mel Gibson's passion of the Christ and recently 'preached' at Joyce Meyer's 'church'.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but given the fact that they go after "neo-evangelicalism" nearly every day on the show, as well as being very vocal critics of the WoF movement, I find this a little hard to believe.

He has also accepted endorsements from 'false teachers'

What do you mean by "accepted"? He isn't responsible for what someone else chooses to say about him.