• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Southerner?

chev1958

LOL, that's pretty funny, and probably more true than we think. I know it's just a joke and all, but I would like to clarify one of the stereotypes.

Their are two different types of southernes, both of which enjoy the sportsmanship of game hunting. One type is just like the person in the joke: a gun carrying, quick to fire, shoot now ask questions later type. He (or she) is identifiable by their red neck, white tank top, and of course, a visible firearm strapped to their waist or shoulder (I am of course sticking with the stereotype here). The other, the one that is over looked by the mainstream media and often gets lumped in with the other, is a member of a more polite and genteel society. We don't carry firearms, don't use tobacco products, are educated at some of the country's (and world's) best prepatory schools and colleges, and are very homogeneous (don't marry outside our social structure). We inherit vast amounts of land and white columned houses that our great great great grandparents built (or had built). Our ancestors, like ourselves, serve in all aspects of state a local governments, with positions like state senator often being a hereditary position (not officially of course, just in reallity). We hunt from horse back and prefer antique rifles and shot guns to hand guns.

I know most people probably know this and a few may even be a part of it, but it gets kind of annoying to think that people only think of the southerner in the joke when they think of Dixie. Good joke though, I've told it a few times today and got a laugh each time.