• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Father and stepmom

• Members

My father was rushed to the VA hospital in Louisville, Kentucky last night and immediately put in their hospice unit. His emphysema and COPD has progressed to the end stages. I tried to contact him over the past 3 days because he didn't sound good last week. But, he didn't answer his phone. He couldn't. He was in and out of consciousness. My stepmom, who has Sundowner's and is rapidly going into full blown Alzheimer's, was there, but she didn't understand what was going on. Last night Dad tried to get up and immediately fainted and fell to the ground hitting his head. My stepmom called an ambulance, though she doesn't remember doing so. They took him directly to the VA hospital. My niece works there and was called me from her office to talk to him to get him settled down. She made a post on Facebook about grieving for someone who is still alive. That's how I found out. 

This morning I texted my brother to see if he had heard anything. He hadn't. So he called the VA and got just a small bit of information. It snowballed from there. I've been on the phone nearly 12 hours. I finally got to talk to my father and he sounded weak, the weakest I have ever heard him.  He said he was tired and ready to give up. The saddest part for me is that he still hasn't accepted the Lord. 

My stepmom has her sister, my Aunt Violet staying with her several hours a day with my two nieces taking a shift. But it's clear she needs to be in a nursing home where she can get specialized care. I'm heartbroken over these developments, especially since I am not monetarily or physically able to be of much assistance. Please pray for their salvation and health. 

Thank you.

BT