• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian divorced man

• Members

As far as I remember, if a divorced man was a Christian, before coming to Christ or after, could not be a deacon, teacher, or preacher. Has this changed? and is it OK for divorce Preachers give marriage counseling classes to a family in need, of counseling.

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

As far as I remember, if a divorced man was a Christian, before coming to Christ or after, could not be a deacon, teacher, or preacher. Has this changed? and is it OK for divorce Preachers give marriage counseling classes to a family in need, of counseling.

Biblically, my hubs and I believe it is still wrong. As to a divorced man giving counseling, well - if he has learned from what brought about the divorce and has grown spiritually, I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't think the Bible addresses it, either, so there's nothing we could say is unbiblical about it. Now, if the man is an unrepentant adulterer, then no way (and believe me, there are far too many unrepentant adulterers in pulpits and/or involved in ministries).