• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I’m going to Heaven but I don’t wanna go there today

TheGloryLand

• Members

Have you ever heard this phrase? I’m going to Heaven, but I don’t want to go there today.
I believe the fear of facing death, face-to-face, is why most people might say this phrase. Those who are born again, Christians have hope and we stand on His promises, that God told us we will be with him. But nobody wants to Go there today. Why do you think people say this?

• Members
34 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Have you ever heard this phrase? I’m going to Heaven, but I don’t want to go there today.
I believe the fear of facing death, face-to-face, is why most people might say this phrase. Those who are born again, Christians have hope and we stand on His promises, that God told us we will be with him. But nobody wants to Go there today. Why do you think people say this?

The will to live is engrained in every human being. Even with the promise of a heavenly home people are still going to have that nature. There's nothing wrong with that... but, as Christians we should remember Paul's words when he said, For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain.

• 11 months later...