• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Never judge

• Members

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 6:1-5 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Philippians 1:9-11 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

• Members
33 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 6:1-5 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Philippians 1:9-11 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Care to explain? Scripture is nice, but there has to be a point, and so far as I can tell, you've not given one. The Bible also tells us to "judge righteous judgment." It also tells us to be wary of strange gospels, and that by ones fruit we will know them. So, what exactly is your point here? 

• Members
Just now, Joe Chandler said:

Sorry Tony, I thought my point was obvious. We have a duty to judge and the "Don't judge me" crowd is wrong.

Truly, Joe, it might have been. Having been up for over 48 hours, it might have gone right over my head! LOL 

Yes, I get the "don't judge" approach from many church members. When I was an interim pastor in a church that split, I got a lot of the "don't judge" when I pointed out that the people in our church who were lambasting the people who left were doing the very same things that they were accusing those on the other side of the split of doing. Thankfully, I only was their interim pastor for six weeks before I went with the other side of the split. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't try so hard to be cute and just state my view. I figured my topic would generate interest.

Hey, nothing wrong with trying different approaches. ? Give it a go! Have a great night. Got to hit the hay...I've got to have the remaining 14 teeth removed from my overly large head so that I can get my dentures tomorrow! LOL