• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I am not a Gentile… ?

TheGloryLand

• Members

There are some Christians, that don’t want to be called gentiles, why?

Acts.13

1. [42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
  2. [46] Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to theGentiles.
  3. [47] For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
  4. [48] And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

• Members
15 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

There are some Christians, that don’t want to be called gentiles, why?

Acts.13

1. [42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
  2. [46] Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to theGentiles.
  3. [47] For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
  4. [48] And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

I've never known any non-Jewish people object to being called Gentiles. It's pretty much understood that this is what we are. Being a mixture of Jewish and Gentile myself, I have no problem with being called a Gentile.  I'm not saying that there aren't any who object, just that I have never known any.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
7 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I've never known any non-Jewish people object to being called Gentiles. It's pretty much understood that this is what we are. Being a mixture of Jewish and Gentile myself, I have no problem with being called a Gentile.  I'm not saying that there aren't any who object, just that I have never known any.

I have heard this before, and I agree with you BT. Let’s see, if there are others  that have might heard this saying.

I am not a gentile.

Edited by TheGloryLand