• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ebola (Day By Day)

Guest 1Timothy115

2 Chronicles 21:15 And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day.

2 Chronicles 21:18 “And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease.”

• Members

I don't know what Ebola does to the bowels but it is curable and it's spread can be rather easily halted by taking a few simple steps. One African nation finally got this disease contained once they started broadly applying the proper means to do so. Other African nations could do this as well but the superstitions of the people and their unsanitary practices contribute to the spread of the disease as well as to death by the disease.

British Airways has wisely halted flights to the most afflicted countries in Africa and if we had wise leadership we would halt flights to and from there as well.

In America, the enterovirus (and some possibly related viruses) are a greater threat at the moment and have already sent many to the hospital and some to the grave. The great niece of a lady from our church was rushed to ICU yesterday after being diagnosed with this. The girl is only 18 months old. A hospital about a hundred miles from here had to ban children visitors because the virus was spreading so badly throughout that hospital to children who simply came to visit relatives in for other reasons.

Praise God for our ultimate blessed hope and for the words in Psalm 91.

Yes, Ebola is incurable. There would be greater concern if it were to become 'airborne.'

I would not allow the 'government', or 'government health organizations' to lower my vigilance. After all, health workers have only been given the wisdom and knowledge God permitted them. God, in His infinite wisdom can do as He wills.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Indeed praise God for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

• Members

Lots of diseases can fit that.  Plague, dysentery, E. coli, etc.  Back then, many diseases were incurable.   For instance leprosy is now curable.....but not back then.

Archived