• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Was Jesus chronically depressed, angry at times, and skeptical about the particulars of this faith?

• Members
Posted (edited)

I was baptized at 12. I did this to fit in with the kid clique in our church. I was a bit of an outsider at the time.

I fell away from the faith later in my 20's. Dabbled with other traditions. Now late in life I feel drawn again. I feel at one at times with the spirit of Yeshua. And at others those questions and rational dissection of the particulars of the belief rise up.

Why do we lesser beings,in comparison to God,have to obey and believe in God to please God?

A bit like expecting a praying mantis to live by rules we set down so that it pleases us with it's natural mantis behavior it alters to accommodate our commands.

Anyway, that's my quandary. I appreciate you reading this. Sincere replies are appreciated.

God Bless.

Edited by Danielle

• Members

Welcome to OB. I have to ask about your initial query in the header of your post. What in scripture gives you the idea that Jesus was any of those things listed? References would help to determine where you're coming from. Thanks. 

• Administrators

Hello, Welcome to OB. 

4 hours ago, Danielle said:

Why do we lesser beings,in comparison to God,have to obey and believe in God to please God?

God’s Sovereignty and Authority. God is the Creator of all things, and as such, He has sovereign authority over His creation. Just as a potter has the right to shape clay as he pleases, God, as the Creator, has the right to establish how His creation should live and relate to Him. Obeying and believing in God is a natural response to recognizing His rightful authority over our lives. God also loves us and wants a relationship with us. 

Isaiah 45:9-12 (KJV)
9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?
11 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Romans 9:20-21 (KJV)
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Obeying and believing in God aren’t just about making Him happy in a shallow way. It’s about living the way we were meant to, in sync with the One who made us. When we follow and trust God, we can fully experience the kind of relationship He wants to have with us.

• Members
3 hours ago, Danielle said:

Wouldn't we have better accomplished being pleasing to God had he forgiven the first humans their sin in the garden?

I believe that he did forgive them. He gave them coverings from animals for their naked bodies, the blood of those animals being shed. It's apparent that Adam and Eve learned of the shedding of blood for sin as their son Abel knew of an acceptable offering before God. 

So, exactly how would it have helped US to being pleasing before God?  Please, explain your line of reasoning.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Danielle said:

Wouldn't we have better accomplished being pleasing to God had he forgiven the first humans their sin in the garden?

Please explain more so I can understand your question