• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Back loading

Go to solution Solved by TheGloryLand,

• Members

This is a subtle thing, but very common when people teach salvation.

When praying to believe in Jesus .. receiving Him... Many tracts have 'i now commit my life to you' or 'i now turn from my sin and...' or 'i put you on the throne of my life'..

Putting self into salvation.  Making turning from sin... A work of effort.

Usually they also have believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.. so people stil get saved through reading it ..but  there is the subtle thing of having works 'back loaded ' into salvation.

• Members

There are many tracts that are adding works. The free gift or simple plan of salvation. Believe in the Bible, Gods Word. Repent, realize that we’re sinners, that we all are in need of a savior. Bible versus, to support this,  is all you will need to share. Free gift, but not cheap. ?

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
5 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

There are many tracts that are adding works. The free gift or simple plan of salvation. Believe in the Bible, Gods Word. Repent, realize that we’re sinners, that we all are in need of a savior. Bible versus, to support this,  is all you will need to share. Free gift, but not cheap. ?

Yes, it's simple and easy to believe.  God does not make it hard.  The book of John assures believers of salvation and has simple belief in Jesus as the requirement.  The main thing is what 'believe' means.  

Many though want to make sure someone who wants to be saved is legit..  so on top of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.. they will add 'I promise this..'  or 'I now will follow you the rest of my life'.. something like that. 

There is nothing wrong with wanting to commit to Jesus with good works.. but it can't happen at all until regenerated first.  It's as if tracts that back load works have forgotten that before salvation.. a person is dead in sin and any works they do is just 'putting perfume on a corpse'

The main issue is getting salvation and service intertwined.. rather than seperated out.  

It's also a calvinist thing with back loading.. where a believer is expected and pretty much WILL be a faithful believer after being saved.  So if someone isn't showing good works after salvation.. they may go to the 'never saved in the first place line'.. but it wasn't works that got them saved.. so that shouldn't be the barometer.

• Members
  • Solution
On 4/6/2023 at 12:35 AM, MikeWatson1 said:

Yes, it's simple and easy to believe.  God does not make it hard.  The book of John assures believers of salvation and has simple belief in Jesus as the requirement.  The main thing is what 'believe' means.  

Many though want to make sure someone who wants to be saved is legit..  so on top of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.. they will add 'I promise this..'  or 'I now will follow you the rest of my life'.. something like that. 

There is nothing wrong with wanting to commit to Jesus with good works.. but it can't happen at all until regenerated first.  It's as if tracts that back load works have forgotten that before salvation.. a person is dead in sin and any works they do is just 'putting perfume on a corpse'

The main issue is getting salvation and service intertwined.. rather than seperated out.  

It's also a calvinist thing with back loading.. where a believer is expected and pretty much WILL be a faithful believer after being saved.  So if someone isn't showing good works after salvation.. they may go to the 'never saved in the first place line'.. but it wasn't works that got them saved.. so that shouldn't be the barometer.

A new believer should be disciple and encourage to continue to hear the preaching of the word, so they can grow spiritually. This will apply to also an older Christian, for we continue to grow spiritually. For we all do not change immediately, and we all don’t get baptized immediately. Staying faithfully with a body of believers, in a localchurch will help a person stay or remain more faithful. But this is not a guarantee, for we all can slip and fall into temptation being born again. Then who is saved, all those that remain faithful to the end, even if they struggle. In doing doing works, this will help you and me remain faithful, but not for salvation. Tracts are very good to give out, but there’s only so much good information, that you can put on them. The shorter they are the better, just like a well preach message.