• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do You Lack?

Eric Stahl

• Members

Haggai 1:2-8    

2Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the LORD's house should be built.

3Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,

4Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste?

5Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.

6Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.

7Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.

8Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.

Do you lack?

Are you giving God what God thinks you should?

• Members

Haggai 1:2-8
2Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the LORD's house should be built.
3Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,
4Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste?
5Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
6Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.
7Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
8Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.

Do you lack?

Are you giving God what God thinks you should?

God's new Temple is the body of the Saint, so remember that.

Act 7:48
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

1Co 6:19
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Luk 11:41
41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

2Co 9:6-8
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity:for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Every cent collected in the NT Churches, was collected to care for the physical needs of the saints.

1Jo 3:17
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1Co 16:2-3
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. 3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.

Anishinaabe

Archived