• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastors that use Apple Laptops, iPhones, and Tablets...

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by Jerry,

• Administrators
4 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Apple

It has a built-in encryption system through Secure Enclave. This hardware-based security chip protects sensitive user data, even if the device's main processor is compromised. Apple also tightly controls its App Store, limiting the availability of malicious apps that could compromise user data.Sep 25, 2023

Please explain to me how Secure Enclave is more secure than stock Android, encryption, and why the iOS App store is more secure? 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I'm able to use my iPhone 13 with not 5G only internet, but with 4G LTE Only, which still works better, and faster for Internet than 5G here where I live. I believe the iPhone has more you control features, built-in. 

Ever since 5G came out we've been able to switch between 4G and 5G internet. What control features are you referring to?

• Members

I’m just repeating what I hear, read and see on Google. All you have to do is ask Google. Why is Apple iPhone more secured than Samsung’s or androids they explain all in more detail. I believe you work for a android provider maybe that’s why you like them better. I don’t work for anyone of those two mayor companies. 😁

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I’m just repeating what I hear, read and see on Google. All you have to do is ask Google. Why is Apple iPhone more secured than Samsung’s or androids they explain all in more detail. I believe you work for a android provider maybe that’s why you like them better. I don’t work for anyone of those two mayor companies. 😁

I don't work for Google; I'm a freelance developer. I base my opinions on real-life experiences rather than what I hear or read. With both Pixel and Apple devices (I have both), I conduct benchmark tests for each, which is why I was curious about your perspective. I thought you were basing it off of what you found rather than googling your answers. If you Google 'why Android is better than iOS,' you'll get results favoring Android, and vice versa. That's why I prefer running my own tests.

iOS has some great features, and it's not a bad OS (though the GUI is another story). However, in comparison, it lags behind in technology (AI for example).

• Members
45 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I’m just repeating what I hear, read and see on Google. 

Because we all know that if Google says it, it has to be true. The Gospel of Google.

My cell phone is purchased and maintained by my company. They started me with a Samsung J3 back around 2016/7 and I loved it. I got upgraded to a S9 a few years later and loved that even more. Then a couple years ago they transitioned us to an Apple XR 😒 I would rather go back to my J3 then be stuck another day with this. I don't use my phone for much if I can help it, but when I do ease of use is paramount. To me it seems that Apple just makes everything a bit more complicated, more invasive, and more expensive.

If my company does not go back to allowing Android phones before I retire one of the first things I'll do upon retirement will be to get a Samsung. Google that!

• Members
1 hour ago, Napsterdad said:

Because we all know that if Google says it, it has to be true. The Gospel of Google.

My cell phone is purchased and maintained by my company. They started me with a Samsung J3 back around 2016/7 and I loved it. I got upgraded to a S9 a few years later and loved that even more. Then a couple years ago they transitioned us to an Apple XR 😒 I would rather go back to my J3 then be stuck another day with this. I don't use my phone for much if I can help it, but when I do ease of use is paramount. To me it seems that Apple just makes everything a bit more complicated, more invasive, and more expensive.

If my company does not go back to allowing Android phones before I retire one of the first things I'll do upon retirement will be to get a Samsung. Google that!

I had an iPhone XR it was a great iPhone. It takes a little getting used to switching over from an Android smartphone but once you learn, it will be worth it. Learning on YouTube will help you how to use it. Or any smartphone. 

• Members
8 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I had an iPhone XR it was a great iPhone. It takes a little getting used to switching over from an Android smartphone but once you learn, it will be worth it. Learning on YouTube will help you how to use it. Or any smartphone. 

I work in military communications and have instructed armed forces around the globe how to operate and maintain our radios to the component. Radios far mor complex than any smart phone. I never said I could not figure out how to use an iPhone. What I did say is that, compared with Samsung, Apple makes "everything a bit more complicated, more invasive, and more expensive". I don't find any of those three attributes positive reasons for me to want to stay with an Apple. 

TGL, you need to work on your reading comprehension. At least three times in as many weeks I have had to point out obvious errors in your understanding of my words. Perhaps there is a YouTube video for that.

• Members
33 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

I work in military communications and have instructed armed forces around the globe how to operate and maintain our radios to the component. Radios far mor complex than any smart phone. I never said I could not figure out how to use an iPhone. What I did say is that, compared with Samsung, Apple makes "everything a bit more complicated, more invasive, and more expensive". I don't find any of those three attributes positive reasons for me to want to stay with an Apple. 

TGL, you need to work on your reading comprehension. At least three times in as many weeks I have had to point out obvious errors in your understanding of my words. Perhaps there is a YouTube video for that.

I don't agree