• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Re:Women Health Care

Guest getingwats

Guest getingwats

Women health care in most cases takes a back seat because of the multitude tasks she has to undertake. Health care for women means extra nutrition and care especially when they cross the age of 30. They should follow specific diet tips and develop a healthy eating habit. Diseases that are common in women are anemia, anxiety, depression, osteoporosis, migraine, weight gain and weakness.

• Administrators

John - if it's not a pinched nerve, have him check for tse-tse syndrome. That is where the point where the rib cage meets, at the top, gets swollen. And it causes pain and tingling - actually it can affect both arms. I have it, and it can be quite uncomfortable at times. Remedy is ice to ease the swelling and a visit to the chiropractor, for me.

Hope things go well with her.

• Members

John - if it's not a pinched nerve, have him check for tse-tse syndrome. That is where the point where the rib cage meets, at the top, gets swollen. And it causes pain and tingling - actually it can affect both arms. I have it, and it can be quite uncomfortable at times. Remedy is ice to ease the swelling and a visit to the chiropractor, for me.

Hope things go well with her.

Thank you LuAnne!

My wife had a pinched nerve in her left arm that had to be operated on last year.

My wife has a lot of prOBlems with her neck, so they are first checking to see if this has anything to do with it because unlike the left arm, this time she is also feeling some pain in the shoulder area.

My wife has osteoarthritis in her neck and spine. She's had one operation to put in an artificial disk and they don't want to operate again unless for a last resort because they don't really think it will help her pain at all. So, unless another bad bone spur develops or a nerve gets pinched in there, well, it's just live with it.

Of course arthritis never gets better so her prOBlems will only get worse over time. She takes prescription pain pills and over the counter pain pills to help her deal with the sometimes constant pain. When she has bad days it really hurts me in my heart to see her in such pain knowing there is nothing I can do about it.

• Administrators

Ah, John, that is sad. Arthritis indeed hurts! I've got it in several of my joints, and in my neck. Talk about pain! Have never had bone spurs, though, thank the Lord.

When the pain from my arthritis is really kicking up, I drink black cherry juice, or eat black cherries (my mom uses tart pie cherries). There is something in the cherries that helps counteract the swelling that causes a lot of the arthritic pain.

Also, ginger really helps me. Don't know if any of those would help your wife, since it sounds like she's got a lot more pain than I do, but it might ease it a bit? And black cherries are so nummy! My sister keeps some frozen, and eats them when hers acts up.

• Members

Ah, John, that is sad. Arthritis indeed hurts! I've got it in several of my joints, and in my neck. Talk about pain! Have never had bone spurs, though, thank the Lord.

When the pain from my arthritis is really kicking up, I drink black cherry juice, or eat black cherries (my mom uses tart pie cherries). There is something in the cherries that helps counteract the swelling that causes a lot of the arthritic pain.

Also, ginger really helps me. Don't know if any of those would help your wife, since it sounds like she's got a lot more pain than I do, but it might ease it a bit? And black cherries are so nummy! My sister keeps some frozen, and eats them when hers acts up.

I'll talk to her about that. This stuff is so odd, most the time she has pain, and some days it's really, really bad, but every so often she actually has a day or two that's not bad. Why? No one really knows.

Back in 2006 when she had her neck operation the doctor told her that her arthritis in her spine looked like what one would expect to see in a 70 year old man. My wife was only in her mid-40s at the time.

My wife has some arthritis in her knees too, but so far it's not getting worse yet. She's had to have cortizone injections in her knees twice.