• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New sites for King James Bible believers

• Members

Greetings saints. As some of you may know Geocities recently shut down all its online sites and they are no longer accessible. Both brother Marty Shue and myself have had two online sites for a few years now that defend the King James Bible as being the only inspired, complete, preserved and 100% true words of God. We have both written many articles defending The Book and showing where all modern versions are inferior and corrupt.

So we have both moved our sites to new locations.

My site, Another King James Bible believer, can be found here:

http://brandplucked.webs.com/

And Marty

• Members

Both brother Marty Shue and myself have had two online sites for a few years now that defend the King James Bible as being the only inspired, complete, preserved and 100% true words of God.

Brand,

As you've said many times before, words mean things and it makes a very big difference in how something is said. Did you mean to say it is the "only" translation in English that meets this standard? Or are you in fact saying it is the only one period?

• Members

Brand,

As you've said many times before, words mean things and it makes a very big difference in how something is said. Did you mean to say it is the "only" translation in English that meets this standard? Or are you in fact saying it is the only one period?

Hi trc. I am saying that the King James Bible is the ONLY complete, inspired and 100% true Bible in any language, and the Standard by which all others are to be measured. If you know of another one, could you please tell us where we can get a copy of it so we can compare it to the KJB to see the differences and similarities?

Gracias,
Will K

• Members

Thanks Will for the update on your sites. I hope you were able to transfer all the studies to the new sites before the old one shut down.

Hi Jerry. Thanks. Yes I was able to transfer everything but it took hours upon hours to do, and then I had to go back and change about 200 links that no longer worked. But defending God's Book is something that I enjoy doing and I am thankful the Lord lets me do it when I can.

God bless,

Will K

• Members

Hi trc. I am saying that the King James Bible is the ONLY complete, inspired and 100% true Bible in any language, and the Standard by which all others are to be measured. If you know of another one, could you please tell us where we can get a copy of it so we can compare it to the KJB to see the differences and similarities?

Gracias,
Will K

If that is the case, I find it ironic that the one page at the top of Mr. Shue's site is indeed not the KJV! Just a curious OBservation, prOBably not important to anyone; but you did say the ONLY one is the KJV.

• Members

Gracias,
Will K

If that is the case, I find it ironic that the one page at the top of Mr. Shue's site is indeed not the KJV! Just a curious OBservation, prOBably not important to anyone; but you did say the ONLY one is the KJV.

Hi Trc. I happen to know Marty Shue pretty well and he is definitely a King James Bible onlyist. What you see at the top of his page is an unnamed Greek text of the New Testament. You asked me about "the Bible", which is far more than just the N.T. It is 66 books combined into one Book. I and many others believe that only the King James Bible is the true, complete, preserved, inspired and infallible words of God. You questioned that statement and now seem to be misdirecting attention away from answering my direct question to you.

My question to you is found in the first part of this post. Would you like to attempt to answer it, or do you choose rather to avoid making a commitment of any kind regarding the Bible version issue?

Please let us know. Thank you.

Will K

• Members

I believe the King James Translation of the Bible (all 5 or 6 versions) to be the inerrant, verbal, plenary inspired Word of God for me, an English speaking person.

I have friends and acquaintances from around the world who speak various languages. I believe they have translations that are the inerrant, verbal, plenary inspired Word of God in their native languages.

Therefore, yes there are other translations that fit the bill and I can not honestly say that the King James Translation is the only 100% pure Bible.

I further understand the foundation for the KJV is the Textus Recptus and I embrace that totally.

• Members

I believe the King James Translation of the Bible (all 5 or 6 versions) to be the inerrant, verbal, plenary inspired Word of God for me, an English-speaking person.

I have friends and acquaintances from around the world who speak various languages. I believe they have translations that are the inerrant, verbal, plenary inspired Word of God in their native languages.

Therefore, yes there are other translations that fit the bill and I can not honestly say that the King James Translation is the only 100% pure Bible.

I further understand the foundation for the KJV is the Textus Recptus and I embrace that totally.

Not that often we agree, so I thought I'd better put it in writing trc. Very good OBservations here (Minus the 5 or 6 versions part as we all know that the only thing changed in those "versions" were typos and updated grammar and spelling and no actual "changes" were made to the translations). The KJV is the PRESERVED Word of God for English-speaking people and does not carry any individual inspiration. However, the TR is the INSPIRED Word of God in its original state (while yes, the only thing we have are COPIES of the originals and not any actual originals). There are other bibles in other languages that are also accurately translated........and the KJV should not be the standard to judge them by, but the TR. If that opens up the door for attacks from those of you who consider the KJV to carry inspiration and place it above the TR, so be it. Just note that the created cannot be greater than the creator and, while the TR did not create the KJV, it was the base for its translation. The TR will always be the INSPIRED Word of God, but the KJV will always be the PRESERVED Word of God for ENGLISH-SPEAKING PEOPLE and the standard for any past or future English translations.

God Bless,

Futurehope

• Members

Not that often we agree, so I thought I'd better put it in writing trc. Very good OBservations here (Minus the 5 or 6 versions part as we all know that the only thing changed in those "versions" were typos and updated grammer and spelling and no actual "changes" were made to the translations). The KJV is the PRESERVED Word of God for English speaking people and does not carry any individual inspiration. However, the TR is the INSPIRED Word of God in it's original state (while yes, the only thing we have are COPIES of the originals and not any actual originals). There are other bibles in other languages that are also accurately translated........and the KJV should not be the standard to judge them by, but the TR. If that opens up the door for attacks from those of you who consider the KJV to carry inspiration and place it above the TR, so be it. Just note that the created cannot be greater than the creator and, while the TR did not create the KJV, it was the base for it's translation. The TR will always be the INSPIRED Word of God, but the KJV will always be the PRESERVED Word of God for ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE and the standard for any past or future English translations.

God Bless,

Futurehope

Hi Futurehope. Are you aware of the FACT that there is no "the" TR? The Textus Receptus that underlies the KJB did not exist in book form before the King James Bible. Rather, it was the specific texts God used to make up the King James Bible that determined the particular Textus Receptus you are now defending. Don't put the cart before the horse.

As for foreign language versions, they should match as much as possible the texts and meanings found in the King James Bible. It is the Standard by which all others are to be measured.

Could you name any specific foreign language version that you believe IS the complete, inspired and 100% true Bible?

Go for it. Give it a shot. Name one please. Then I will have some more specific questions for you, like whether or not two totally different readings can both be in the same place and in the same way the infallible words of God.

Gracias,

Will Kinney

• Members

I believe the King James Translation of the Bible (all 5 or 6 versions) to be the inerrant, verbal, plenary inspired Word of God for me, an English speaking person.

Hi trc. Two things. First of all, you have your facts backwards. The foundation for the TR is not the KJB. The KJB is the foundation for the particular Textus Receptus you are prOBably referring to. There are several varieties of what are called Textus Receptus. Stephanus had one. Tyndale another. Then we have Beza, Elziever and the TR that came out of the KJB.

Secondly, can you name for us a specific foreign language bible that you believe is the complete, inspired and infallible words of God? Does God have different texts or non texts that are all inspired and infallible for different peoples? I trow not.

Let's see what specific version you come up with that you really believe is the perfect and 100% true words of God in any other language. OK?

Gracias,

Will K

• Members

Hi Futurehope. Are you aware of the FACT that there is no "the" TR? The Textus Receptus that underlies the KJB did not exist in book form before the King James Bible. Rather, it was the specific texts God used to make up the King James Bible that determined the particular Textus Receptus you are now defending. Don't put the cart before the horse.

As for foreign language versions, they should match as much as possible the texts and meanings found in the King James Bible. It is the Standard by which all others are to be measured.

Could you name any specific foreign language version that you believe IS the complete, inspired and 100% true Bible?

Go for it. Give it a shot. Name one please. Then I will have some more specific questions for you, like whether or not two totally different readings can both be in the same place and in the same way the infallible words of God.

Gracias,

Will Kinney

Wow! Next you will tell me what a great man Ruckman is. The fool despises wisdom. You actually believe that the KJV is the base, while the texts it was taken from were all completed over 1200 years prior to its penning?? Sad a man can become so led astray.

As for the alternate languages, you are essentially telling me that ONLY people who can speak English can have the Word of God. Yet again sad. You believe the English is superior to the Hebrew and Greek it came from and that God has denied others based on the language they speak.

I will presume now that your response will be filled with more of your Ruckmanite philosophy and, if it is, I will more than likely not waste my time responding to a man who foolishly denies the truth and worships a man and his heresies. However, if you want to recognize the Word of God as what it is, we might be able to converse further in this matter. Your cart currently has no horse.