• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Old Bay Seasoning

• Members

It does. The very first ingredient is ground Bay Leaves.

Stores around here only sell whole bay leaves so I'm presently building a grinder for this purpose. The grinder will consist of two sets of stainless steel roller pairs that have been sand-blasted to make them slightly rough textured. The first pair of rollers is spaced 0.001" apart while the second pair of rollers will be spaced only 0.0005" apart. Both roller sets will be driven at moderately high-speed (e.g. 1,200 rpm). A feed-in hopper will be placed above the rollers. There will have to be barriers and seals on the ends of the rollers to prevent leakage. The rollers will turn in opposite directions and pinch, grind and pulverize anything that is dropped into the hopper.

I have a prOBlem buying ground bay here also. I have bought it when we go to France, which we do about once a month for shopping. It is cheaper at present to take our car on the ferry to Calais, than it costs two of us on a train to London. (The distance is about the same, Channel included.) It is also cheaper to eat out there than it is in London and the food is better. Although you can get McDonald's there. I did find ground bay in a market stall by "Veggie Perrins" but he has not been around for about 6 months.

I use ground bay for roast chicken. I rub a little olive oil over a chicken or chicken breast, sprinkle it with ground bay and also ground celery seed. Again we cannot buy that here except as celery salt which I try not to buy as the salt makes it absorb water. Again I buy it in France, (C