• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Knowledge..shall be increased

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Truly, I was away due to a basically two year battle with depression because of my parents' death. At the 2 year anniversary of my Mom's death, it was right around my Dad's birthday, and my Grandma died shortly thereafter. I had also lost a couple of friends that summer (not due to death, but to throwing away so much of their lives by getting back into their old addictions, running from the police, etc.). Then basically a day or two after finding out my Grandma had passed away and they already had her funeral, a friend I grew up with told me her "Papa" had died. I assumed she meant her lost died - who would have been in hell - and the depression had set in. About three or four days later, I found out she meant her grandpa, but I had already lost the battle.

I found that I was not dealing with it well, and it was reflected in my online interactions - such as my moods in my posts on these boards. I was a stumbling block to some, so I decided to withdraw from basically all online contact (actually ended up being almost all contact with anyone outside of work).

For all my bad attitude and offensiveness these last two years, I truly am sorry (if anyone I have offended reads this post).

I came back on a whim, to get some input on a Bible passage for a series I have been preaching on - something that I had a hard time figuring out on my own (or at least not figuring out clearly enough to satisfy myself). I found out I no longer had the dread of these boards that I had built up before, and seemed to sense a change in the interactions here. I believe some of it was a change in me - and others have told me some of the trouble makers have left.

I am actually enjoying being back. I was part of the Yes I Believe boards (I think that was the name that Matt's brother had called them), and part of Online Baptist since the start of it - it is my online home in a lot of ways - and I am glad to be back home again - maybe like the Prodigal brother returning.

• Members

Truly, I was away due to a basically two year battle with depression because of my parents' death. At the 2 year anniversary of my Mom's death, it was right around my Dad's birthday, and my Grandma died shortly thereafter. I had also lost a couple of friends that summer (not due to death, but to throwing away so much of their lives by getting back into their old addictions, running from the police, etc.). Then basically a day or two after finding out my Grandma had passed away and they already had her funeral, a friend I grew up with told me her "Papa" had died. I assumed she meant her lost died - who would have been in hell - and the depression had set in. About three or four days later, I found out she meant her grandpa, but I had already lost the battle.

I found that I was not dealing with it well, and it was reflected in my online interactions - such as my moods in my posts on these boards. I was a stumbling block to some, so I decided to withdraw from basically all online contact (actually ended up being almost all contact with anyone outside of work).

For all my bad attitude and offensiveness these last two years, I truly am sorry (if anyone I have offended reads this post).

I came back on a whim, to get some input on a Bible passage for a series I have been preaching on - something that I had a hard time figuring out on my own (or at least not figuring out clearly enough to satisfy myself). I found out I no longer had the dread of these boards that I had built up before, and seemed to sense a change in the interactions here. I believe some of it was a change in me - and others have told me some of the trouble makers have left.

I am actually enjoying being back. I was part of the Yes I Believe boards (I think that was the name that Matt's brother had called them), and part of Online Baptist since the start of it - it is my online home in a lot of ways - and I am glad to be back home again - maybe like the Prodigal brother returning.

Jerry, just to let you know, I was in the same battle. My mom died when she was 57 years old. I was very depress for a long time over it.

• Members

Yes, that is so true. Yesterday, I was just preaching (or re-preaching) an old message on JacOB wrestling with God, and how God will keep wrestling with us our whole spiritual walk with Him until we get to the place where we humble ourselves and seek His will. Wrestling Until The Daybreak

• Members

Question. Do y'all accept those churches and church members that teaches many ways to be saved except for by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as true churches and as being saved?

I don't accept them as true Christians if that's what you mean. How can one truly be a Christian if they reject the basic truth that Jesus is the ONLY means of salvation?

If someone proclaims there are many ways to be saved they are calling Jesus a liar.

• Members
....I am actually enjoying being back. I was part of the Yes I Believe boards (I think that was the name that Matt's brother had called them)' date=' and part of Online Baptist since the start of it - it is my online home in a lot of ways - and I am glad to be back home again - maybe like the Prodigal brother returning. [/quote']

Jerry, thank you for sharing your story; sad though it was. I am glad you felt inclined to return to the forum and are contented at being back. Things haven't changed here that much!

• Members

I don't accept them as true Christians if that's what you mean. How can one truly be a Christian if they reject the basic truth that Jesus is the ONLY means of salvation?

If someone proclaims there are many ways to be saved they are calling Jesus a liar.

Jesus himself he is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by him. I'll believe Jesus.

• Members

Jesus himself he is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by him. I'll believe Jesus.

Do you know they be many Baptist who claim to believe one is saved by grace through faith but yet accept those churches and their pastors as being of God who teach many ways to be saved but the one true way and even gather together to worship with them and even let their pastors preach from their pulpits?

I suppose this ought to be another topic.