• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Knowledge..shall be increased

• Members

One of the most brilliant minds, if not THE most brilliant, in modern history, wrote these words...

"This most beautiful System of the Sun, Planets and Comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful being ... He is Eternal and Infinite, Omnipotent and Omniscient; that is, his duration reaches from Eternity to Eternity; his presence from Infinity to Infinity; he governs all things, and knows all things that are or can be done." ~ Sir Issac Newton, General Scholium/Principia*(1729) Vol. 2, pp. 388-90 "

The extraordinary mind and works of Sir Isaac Newton are, no doubt. part of the fullfillment of Daniel's prophecy:

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." -Daniel 12:4

Isaac Newton, regarding this Biblical prophecy:

"Personally, I cannot but believe these words concerning the end of the times. One sign of the end will be a remarkable increase in methods of getting about. Men will travel from country to country in an unprecedented manner. There may be some inventions which will enable people to travel much more quickly than they do now."

But Voltaire said, about Newton.........

"See what a fool Christianity makes of an otherwise brilliant man. Here a scientist like Newton actually writes that men may travel at the rate of fifteen or twenty miles an hour. Has he forgotten that if a man would travel at the rate of fifteen miles an hour, he would be suffocated? His heart would stand still."

Doesn't the Space shuttle travel at about 17 THOUSAND miles per hour?
And how much knowledge does it take to create something like the space shuttle? Desktop computers? The internet?
So who was the fool?
**Disclaimer**
Please verify these quotes for accuracy, as I copied and pasted them from the internet.
Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For such a "brilliant" man...I find it ironic how Newton as a mathematician can't use simple arithmetics to count to 3 (The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit). Newton denied the Trinity and died an Arianist. Spending so much time trying to find "hidden" messages in the bible...he failed to see such clear teachings as the Triune nature of God.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

For such a "brilliant" man...I find it ironic how Newton as a mathematician can't use simple arithmetics to count to 3 (The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit). Newton denied the Trinity and died an Arianist. Spending so much time trying to find "hidden" messages in the bible...he failed to see such clear teachings as the Triune nature of God.

Love,
Madeline

:amen::thumb:

My guess would be that he also supported the gap theory like other "brilliant minds" I know of.:coverlaugh:

Most brilliant mind in history was Christ - unless of course you deny Him as either a man or as God, then you could go with Solomon - he had enough women around to take care of everything so he wouldn't have to see a bunch of ugly men or have to do anything.:lol: Yes, that was a joke (the first part was serious).

• Members

My guess would be that he also supported the gap theory like other "brilliant minds" I know of.:coverlaugh:

Most brilliant mind in history was Christ - unless of course you deny Him as either a man or as God, then you could go with Solomon - he had enough women around to take care of everything so he wouldn't have to see a bunch of ugly men or have to do anything.:lol: Yes, that was a joke (the first part was serious).

Yes, But------

700 Mothers in law!!!!

• Members

The point of this thread, was that Isaac Newton, a brilliant man of science, clearly gave glory to God in some of his scientific works. How many scientists do that today? I'm sure he was off in some of his theology; just like some of us Baptists are. But the fact is; the great scientist acknowledged God while the wicked ignorant, arrogant philospher (Voltaire) mocked.

And mocking is VERY unwise.

• Members

The Trinity and the Deity of Christ are two of the fundamentals of the faith - if he did not believe in either, he was unsaved and just as lost as the pagan in darkest Africa or an apostate. Being religious will not save anyone.

• Administrators

The Trinity and the Deity of Christ are two of the fundamentals of the faith - if he did not believe in either, he was unsaved and just as lost as the pagan in darkest Africa or an apostate. Being religious will not save anyone.

I agree with all of that - I really do. But can't the heathen still point to God's glory? No, he couldn't tell someone how to be saved, but he sure did make the point that God was behind creation. KWIM?

• Members

So he did deny the diety of Christ? Can you point me to one of his documents in which he says this? Thanks

• Members

I have read statements regarding his beliefs (including one or more short biographical accounts of his achievements and beliefs), and he did not believe in the Trinity; therefore he did not believe in the deity of Christ. Can't have Christ being God and at the same time there not being more than one person in the Godhead. A brand new believer may not be able to explain the Trinity and have it worked out completely in his head - but you can't knowingly deny the Trinity and be saved. If you do not believe that belief in the fundamentals of the faith are essential to salvation, then you are not a fundamental Christian.