• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Oldest Son - Truck Wreck

• Members

I've can't really fill in all the details right now, I need to get back to the hospital. My oldest son, Wolfen, Lost control of his bosses truck driving back to work this afternoon, he rolled it a couple times and planted it sideways in a big old cotton wood tree. His boss was about a mile behind him in the Semi-truck, so was pretty much on the scene, and we got there at the same time the sheriff was pulling up. It looks like he was ejected from the truck, his boss found him laying in the ditch. He has a pretty bad head injury, and some spinal injuries, and a bruised lung and broken rib. He's in ICU and they are monitoring him.

I don't know when I will be back on line, but please keep him in your prayers. Right now he is stable and doing well, he is awake and aware of his surroundings and recognizes everybody, and is talking so that is a good sign.

I'll try to update this when I can.

Thanks

Colin

• Members

Thank You all for your prayers, please keep them going. He is still in ICU, the CT Scan looked very good yesterday, there is no internal trauma to his head, just a large pool of blood under the scalp. His T-9 vertibrea is wedged out of position, but at this time it is not putting any pressure on his spinal column, he has a couple discs in his lumbar region that are bulged, but are not creating any issues with his spinal column. He can move all his fingers and toes, so that is very good. The bruised lung and broken ribs are causing the most prOBlems right now, he's not getting enough oxygen and it's causing his heart to race and it's driving his temperature up.

He has some pretty bad memory loss, the last thing he remembers is having lunch at home, and the next is being in the hospital in pain. He was awake the whole time though so he has a pretty severe concussion.

Most of the rest of his injuries are cuts and bruises, he has some pretty serious stitches to his left hand, and a couple spots on his back that had to be stitched up. He's got a really bad case of road rash down his right leg. And a large gash in his scalp and a couple smaller ones.

I'm only home long enough to do a few chores this morning and grab some fresh clothes, I don't know when I will be back again.

Colin

• Members

Praise the Lord, we brought him home from the hospital this morning. His injuries are healing well, and a lot of the swelling has gone down. The head injury, is just going to be some memory loss and scars. We are still working on keeping his lungs opened up and will be continuing breathing treatments for a while. He will be starting Physical therapy later this week to work on the spinal injuries. And we have an appointment later this week to have the stitches removed form various parts of his body.

Thank you all for the prayers and support. He will need your continued prayers for a good recovery, and we would appreciate them as well, it has been a very trying weekend for my family.

Thank you all.

Colin

• Members

Thank You all so much for the continued prayers and support.
My son doesn't remember about 6 hours of his day and asked me if I could get some pictures of what happened, so he could look at them, so I thought you all might be interested in seeing what he survived.

IMG_0052.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg

Best guess from the Sheriffs department is he was ejected on the first roll. My son was found lying in front of the truck in the bottom of a ditch. I talked to his boss today and he said they had to use a chain and a tractor to pull the drivers side door open so they could get stuff out of the cab.

I'm praising the lord today that he lived through this and thankful for the minor amount of injuries he has, compared to what could have happened to him.

Colin