• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Administrators

One thing for sure, the networks seems to take sides with President OBama on most everything and they were totally against President Bush.

If not for Fox News, I would not watch the news.

My Dad is the same way, Jerry. I don't have tv, but I'm sure I would only watch FOX - at least seriously. I check FOX online, and a few other news sources that are available online but not on tv (when I'm somewhere internet is available).

It's interesting that the White House has declared FOX as an enemy...it wasn't the other way around!

• Members

My Dad is the same way, Jerry. I don't have tv, but I'm sure I would only watch FOX - at least seriously. I check FOX online, and a few other news sources that are available online but not on tv (when I'm somewhere internet is available).

It's interesting that the White House has declared FOX as an enemy...it wasn't the other way around!

The others are his puppets, Fox News is not. Now if the others would not just be his puppets, our president would stay quite on such a matter.

But I think its neat, he is only helping their ratings. :coolsmiley:

But that could lead our government to try and find a way to shut them down, our present president thinks he is the only one that is right and hates opposition.

• Members

OBjectiveness is an self-imposed, yet unattainable goal for journalism. Deciding what to cover or not cover immediately shows bias. If you remember 9/11, the media struggled with how to describe the hijackers, trying not to show bias, but showing it nonetheless. One man's "terrorist" is another man's "freedom fighter."

Once I reported on a court case in which the defendant, who was being charged with owing back taxes, argued that income taxes violated the Constitution. The judge indulged the defendant, but still ruled against him. I ended up with about 30 paragraphs of a news story, but when the article came out, there was only three paragraphs. My executive editor said he wasn't about to become a platform for a "nutjOB." When my editor's choice for sheriff had an event, it was front page news, while the opponent's events ended up on the inside pages.

The 1st Amendment allows the media to do what they want when it comes to covering the news, as long as it's factual. The idea was the free exchange of ideas would create a better society.

There's a difference between news reporters and opinion writers. Keith Olbermann, Bill O'Reilly, and Bill Maher are not news reporters, so they don't have to be OBjective. They should be fair for credibility's sake, but unless they outright lie about somebody, they're free to make their diatribes.

What the Founders didn't foresee was that 95-98 percent of reporters and media representatives would become predominately liberal. And when you have that many liberals in the media, guess what type of news you get. Fox News is popular because it fills the void the liberal press ignores.

• Members

What's very interesting to me is this: if you want Fox news from your TV provider, you have to buy a bigger package. It was that way for us when we had Charter and it's the same now with Dish Network. You don't usually see Fox in the lower, cheaper packages. The cable/satellite providers know that lots of people WILL pay extra to get Fox. (just like we did - LOL)
The president is going after the most popular news network and it might just bite him in the end.

• Members

What's very interesting to me is this: if you want Fox news from your TV provider, you have to buy a bigger package. It was that way for us when we had Charter and it's the same now with Dish Network. You don't usually see Fox in the lower, cheaper packages. The cable/satellite providers know that lots of people WILL pay extra to get Fox. (just like we did - LOL)
The president is going after the most popular news network and it might just bite him in the end.

Dish Network does now offer a cheap package, called the Family Package, which does include Fox News, but not many other channels. We have this package.

You are right, other than the Family Package, if you want Fox News you have to order the higher priced packages because the cheaper regular packages don't include Fox News.

• Members

One stark difference I see between Bush and B.O. (I love saying that!) is that when everyone bashed Bush he responded by saying that they had their freedom to express their opinion. OBviously B.O. doesn't feel that way. I think he spends too much time complaining about what Fox is saying and what Conservative talk radio is saying. He's making a big mistake if he starts to single these out. It looks like he has an agenda(and believe me he does)-these news outlets are not supporting the good things I'm doing to move this country forward so they better get with the program or face the consequences.

I've been tempted to get cable just so I can watch Fox, I don't watch the main stream news any more, they're just not credible.

• Members

I hope it bites him. I guess in a bit of time we will find out if it does or not. If it don't, we are in big trouble sooner than later. That is if it bites him, it will just delay the liberal agenda for a short time. We know where this world is headed, our Awesome God informed us about the last days and what they will be like, there is no way of escaping them. Mans only hope is Christ.

• Members

In the 60s and 70s liberals cried against censorship but todays liberals are all for censoring anyone who doesn't agree with them.

When conservatives give speeches liberals will often attend and attempt to shout down the speaker. When conservatives speak on TV or radio liberals complain and seek ways to silence them.

There is no doubt that if liberals could get away with it they would control speech and information similar to how communist Russia and East Germany.