• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor's Salary

• Members

1st, I've never been in a church that has hired assistants or hired teachers. Can't believe a church would actually pay a teacher to teach classes, it ought to have people within the church that will volunteer to teach.

There be plenty of other places that money can be put to very good use.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Your in mine too. Have you even thought about what you said and how it sounds?

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)

• Members

1st, I've never been in a church that has hired assistants or hired teachers. Can't believe a church would actually pay a teacher to teach classes, it ought to have people within the church that will volunteer to teach.

There be plenty of other places that money can be put to very good use.

What if the church has the resources to hire a teacher that has more knowledge than a current member of the congregation can offer on a certain subject?

• Members

I agree with Jerry. I think that SS teachers ought to be members of the church utilizing their gifts to serve in the local church.

If a pastor feels that a certain topic needs to be covered by more of an "expert", bring them in for a week. But normal teaching ought to be done by its members.

• Members

same here!

Not sure to what I was saying "same here" to.....

Here's what I meant. The issues I come across here in SW Colorado seem so different than most discussions on forums, etc. My issues are so much more basic! I wish I had these things to worry about! Who to pay, how much to pay. The things I'm worrying about? Will I have more than two people for Wed service.......