• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Teens killed attempting home invasion

• Members
He says two 16-year-olds died and a third teenager was seriously wounded.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546600,00.html

Point 1: Something to think about. The police were not in the home
Williams says police responded to a call of a home invasion and shots fired.

Point 2:
Authorities say the three people who were home at the time were not injured.

The castle doctrine works.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Do you suppose if more home break ins would turn out like this, there might be fewer home break ins?

I believe it would slow them down, of course the desperate criminals, nothing will stop them.

If it ever happens in my home, I would hope it would turn out that way, yet I hate to think of having to kill someone.

• Members

Yes, please do look at my last few posts and tell me which ones would get me banned on any reasonable message board.

It seems only resonable to expect anyone to ask someone to leave if they are saying degrading things about them on their own property. Yes I know this is the world wide web, but at this moment I am standing on Bro Matt's property. He is the one who set this board up, and it is his to do with as he pleases. Today you have said "You're not a good person, you're not a person of good character and you're not someone I want anything to do with." You had not been quite that blunt before, but you were clear enough that anyone with one eye open could have seen it. If I were in bro Matt's place I would not have let you back on!!! I am curious though, why would you want to be on a message board owned and operated by someone you do not want anything to do with???? That is about as crazy of a statement as I have ever heard. And that includes you other posts, LOL.

• Members

It seems only resonable to expect anyone to ask someone to leave if they are saying degrading things about them on their own property. Yes I know this is the world wide web, but at this moment I am standing on Bro Matt's property. He is the one who set this board up, and it is his to do with as he pleases. Today you have said "You're not a good person, you're not a person of good character and you're not someone I want anything to do with." You had not been quite that blunt before, but you were clear enough that anyone with one eye open could have seen it. If I were in bro Matt's place I would not have let you back on!!! I am curious though, why would you want to be on a message board owned and operated by someone you do not want anything to do with???? That is about as crazy of a statement as I have ever heard. And that includes you other posts, LOL.

I think you're all a bunch of bush whackers and you hijacked the thread but,

Rancher, I couldn't help catching something from your comments that is better than any wasted space from my original post...

The world we live in is not our own it belongs to God from mite to mountain. We are not our own, we are bought with a price, a debt we can never repay, the primary reason to celebrate this season of thanksgiving, our Lord.

So, with God glorified as a result who can complain in earnest...do I hear an Amen?

• Members

I Tim. 115, Who can continue to complain as one of His Chidren? Are we thinking about ourselves or Are we thinking about how to reach out in love and share the Gospel with the lost? People joining most any person to person sales organization ie. Amway, MaryKay, Tupperware etc. are told pretty soon upon joining to make a list of 100 people you know that could be posible customers! So many Christians would do that BUT how many of us have made that list of 100 people I could reach with the Gospel? That's what we should be thinking about! Also, how much we have to be thankful to the Lord!!! I take the alphabet this time of year and make my own private list of what I'm thankful for and then I take the time to thank the Lord for them. I just think this is a better use of the time He has given us to be here on OB with our brethren and the time we have been given to spend with our loved one's!!! I Tim.115 that was a AMEN! you just heard!! We all need to remember the LORD that we serve. He know's we love Him because we OBey Him. Are we OBeying Him today? Sent in love for those in Christ. All that cann't understand why I have said what I have- need to ask- Do I want to OBey the LORD today? if not, why? Do you know that you know that if Christ came today He would take you with Him? If not please talk to I Tim.115, Kiefer, BroMatt or John. I can say with full assurance all these men would drop everything and tell you about how different your life can be...today!!! Concerned but praying, His by Grace

• Members

:amen: & :amen:

Yes, rancher824, that is one of the bluntest insults I've seen. Seems to me Bro Matt is being VERY longsuffering, not many forum owners would let a person stay around after such a insult has been made towards them.

Amazes me at the people who join forums and believes they can behave anyway they want to and feels the forums owner has no authority, right, to chasten them and or ban them.

I suppose there be some people who hate authority and they rebel against it at every turn.

Now, please lets all get back to the topic, "Teens killed attempting home invasion."

• Members

Just to clarify, yes, I did say those things about Matt and I stand by them.

To refresh your memories, in another thread, I unfairly accused Matt of doing something he had not done but I immediately realized that I was both wrong and unfair and I changed the post.

However, instead of accepting my apology and acknowledging that I did attempt to clear up the matter and remove Matt's name from the post, Matt continued over the course of several posts, to rub my nose in it and demand that I show evidence to back up a claim I had already apologized for and corrected.

That's not something a person of good moral character does. Nor is it something that anyone I care to socialize with does.

As far as I was concerned, I had no hard feelings toward Matt and it was all over. Matt is the one who brought it all up again and tried to goad me into a fight, even after I had apologized and tried to do the right thing.