• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obsession

• Members

This post is more complicated. I've decided to make this thread in order to find out how Christian women deal with this issue because I do need advice from a godly Christian woman or women.
The problem is this: my mind is completely infused with a 'band', some well-know local group, I think about them constantly and it's wicked because I cannot removed them out of my thoughts even though I hate this band.

Have any of you experienced this sort of behaviour with a past-relationship, meaning obsessing over a loved person and thinking about her continually? I don't know what I should do, when I think about them I cannot stop, it feels as if I'm not in control.

• Members

So, let me get this straight.....................you want to know "how Christian women deal with this issue because I do need advice" and the problem is ........you think about a local band (multiple persons) "constantly" even though you "hate this band." And you are asking if any of the women on this board obsess "over a loved person and thinking about her continually"......and you think about "them" and "cannot stop."

Are you obsessed with a person ("her") or are you obsessed with an entire "band?"

• Members

Are you obsessed with a person ("her") or are you obsessed with an entire "band?"

I'd say with the whole group. I always imagine them being present to various activities. There is a possibility that some evil influences might be involved. If it's just harmless fantasy, then I don't understand why I cannot put an end to this.

I've asked about a different situation (the one with the loved person) hoping that someone would somehow relate to my situation.

• Members

The only way to get rid of such things is to resist it, fight against it and replace it with something else. Whenever thoughts of them come to your mind go into prayer, read the Word, listen to some good Christian music. Throughout the day continually feed your mind with good things, as Scripture tells us to think upon such. Memorize helpful Scripture verses.

This is key to all bad, wicked, wronful, sinful thoughts that may cause any of us problems. We must fight them and we must fill our heart and mind with good things which will replace the wicked.

• Members

This obsession almost seems like an attack from the devil or an evil spirit. I would pray to the Lord and ask Him to rebuke these thoughts from inside your mind. Try this:

Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Thank you very much for your advice, John81, BroMatt & Madeline.

I think you're right, Madeline; it's very useful to find the source of this aberration and it's definitely an evil influence which tries to alternate my imagination but I have to be in control & I'll pray to God more often to remove these wicked thoughts; this might be the only solution.