• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ted Kennedy gone...

• Administrators

I know his policies were bad, but I do feel sorry for the family in this time of grief.

The U.S. Senator from Massachusetts succumbed to brain cancer at the age of 77 tonight. Put aside your ideological differences for an appropriate moment and mark this passing with solemnity.

There is a time and place for political analysis and criticism. Not now.

Yes, there will be a nauseating excess of MSM hagiographies and lionizations

• Members

I of course can't know this for sure, but all the visual evidence would lead me to believe the suffering he went through on this earth is nothing compared to were he is now. In my opinion that is really the only thing tragic in his passing, is were he will be spending eternity.

Colin

• Administrators

I feel sorry for Mary Jo's family too - have for 40 years! I didn't have any respect for TK at all. But I do feel for his family. As bad as a person can be, there is usually someone who loves that person. And their grief is real.

CP - the eternal aspect of this is something that is on my mind, too!

Crush - I, too, hope souls will be saved.

• Members

With a rich Roman Catholic heritage this family has, the funeral will probably ring of Roman Catholic rituals and the one true path to Jesus Christ will not be spoken of.

No doubt, this man has made an impact on America, helping it take the path opposite of which God would want it to travel. Sad thing is his legacy will continue to influence the direction of American in a bad way for years to come.

• Members

While I'm thankful this promoter of wickedness is gone from the Senate, I'm saddened as to where he went.

When you die, you deserve to have all persons who never personally heard you confess faith in Christ, gather around you and point out all of your sins and to talk about how, due those sins, you are in hell. Then there should be an internet message board, for your children and family to see, where those same people post their opinions about how awful of a human you were and how there is not doubt that you are then currently rotting in hell.

• Members

When you die, you deserve to have all persons who never personally heard you confess faith in Christ, gather around you and point out all of your sins and to talk about how, due those sins, you are in hell. Then there should be an internet message board, for your children and family to see, where those same people post their opinions about how awful of a human you were and how there is not doubt that you are then currently rotting in hell.

We already know you seem to think virtually everyone is going to heaven, you ignore that Scripture says few will go to heaven and you ignore that Scripture says there is only One Way to heaven and that those who are born again in Christ naturally give off evidence of this by their changed life.

It's a terrible thing to have a loved one die without Christ and the best thing for all people is to consider the sad and tragic fact and to turn to Christ before they themselves awake in hell.

• Members

We already know you seem to think virtually everyone is going to heaven, you ignore that Scripture says few will go to heaven and you ignore that Scripture says there is only One Way to heaven and that those who are born again in Christ naturally give off evidence of this by their changed life.

It's a terrible thing to have a loved one die without Christ and the best thing for all people is to consider the sad and tragic fact and to turn to Christ before they themselves awake in hell.

Therein lies your problem. You think you know too much. I don't ignore scripture and I know that only a few (a subjective term) will go to heaven. However, I also know that I'm not the one who decides who goes to heaven (and neither are you). I know that I do not know the hearts of men (and neither do you). I know that people who are "born again" do sin even after they have a "changed" life (even you). I know that you ignore everyones' virtures and focus only on their sins.

"Judge not that ye be not judged."

You only know what the T.V. has told you about Ted Kennedy. In my opinion that isn't enough for a mere human to base any judgment on.

• Members

Teddy lived a very public life. He was a Catholic who didn't even believe in following Catholic teaching. There is absolutely no evidence Teddy came to Christ. No evidence from his life, not how he lived nor how he governed. No evidence from his family. No evidence from reporters. No evidence from politicians. No evidence from anyone or anywhere that at any time in his life did Teddy ever turn from the broad road.

The Word of God has already judged Teddy and everyone else. Talking about what Scripture declares is not some form of judging. Your attempts to proclaim that avowed non-believers, whether Michael Jackson, Teddy Kennedy or whoever, might be in heaven is a matter of forming an opinion contrary to Scripture.

And "few" means exactly what it says. The vast majority of humanity took or will take the broad path to hell.

• Members

John, When someone dies, there are many people who think your suppose to say, "how wonderful of a person that was, even when they were not."

If I do a funeral service for such a person I will say something like this, "Each of you have your many fond memories of this person," them go on & explain we all make our own choices in life & proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I might say, in our town we have a liberal pastor who does many funerals, most of them he always talks about how wonderful these people are and how they are now in heaven. Probably he has many believing that all people go to heaven & only evil people like Hitler will end up in hell.

I've notice with the Bible, it usually tells peoples good side, along with their bad side.

How many babies do you suppose Mr. Kennedy is responsible for being aborted? Or should I say murdered?

• Members

John, When someone dies, there are many people who think your suppose to say, "how wonderful of a person that was, even when they were not."

If I do a funeral service for such a person I will say something like this, "Each of you have your many fond memories of this person," them go on & explain we all make our own choices in life & proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I might say, in our town we have a liberal pastor who does many funerals, most of them he always talks about how wonderful these people are and how they are now in heaven. Probably he has many believing that all people go to heaven & only evil people like Hitler will end up in hell.

I've notice with the Bible, it usually tells peoples good side, along with their bad side.

How many babies do you suppose Mr. Kennedy is responsible for being aborted? Or should I say murdered?

You do understand that abortion is legal because the supreme court
says so,not because of anything congress has, or hasn't done. Right. Congress could make abortion illegal tomorrow and it would only take one simple lawsuit, based on the precedent of the supreme court, to strike it down. There is not a single lasting thing Congress can do about abortion. Not one single thing.

• Members

You do understand that abortion is legal because the supreme court
says so,not because of anything congress has, or hasn't done. Right. Congress could make abortion illegal tomorrow and it would only take one simple lawsuit, based on the precedent of the supreme court, to strike it down. There is not a single lasting thing Congress can do about abortion. Not one single thing.

You don't believe that do you? Congress could indeed get rid of abortion if they all wanted to. Congress could make a constitutional amendment either banning abortion or recognizing that an unborn child is a person and the supreme court would have to uphold that. Now granted that isn't likely to happen unless things in congress change a great deal but it could happen if the congress wanted it. Further, even without going that far there are many things congress could do to make abortions much harder to get. Several states have done things along those lines on the state level. The judges of the supreme court are not our dictators.

• Members

Abortion is legal in this United States, but its still sin against God, its still murder in God's eyes, and these sins will not go unpunished, no matter who they be.

I just don't believe there be enough Christians in our congress that will stand with God and oppose such an ungodly sin as abortion.

Sad thing, Mr. Kennedy was a member of a church, the RCC, that does not teach the one and only path to the Father that goes only through Jesus.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.