• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Man brings Assault Rifle to one of Obama's speeches

• Members

When I was a kid I remember going to a store and the bank with my Dad who had his pistol in the holster on his hip. No one thought or said an thing about that.

When I was in high school several of the trucks in the parking lot had rifles and shotguns in the gun racks. Deer hunting was always an excused absence.:thumb:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That is nOT quite true as I understand it. The dealer has the "registration" information but is nOT required to forward that info to anyone. Here's some info:

It is also perfectly legal in some states to sell a gun "person to person" with no paperwork at all, therefore, there is no "registration."

Here's some info from NRA
http://www.NRAILA.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=60

Yes, I was called by a store where I purchased a pistol. They said ATF had been there and spOTted my missing DL number...Ohio. So, they called me to get the info.

• Members

CT is "by the law" an OC state; but every person who has tried it has been arrested by the police for disorderly conduct, had their pistol permit taken and no CT court has every overturned the arrest. Therefore, in practice, CT is CC state.

This is nOT true at all. I OC'ed the OTher night. I don't make it a habit, but many OThers do. Since the Goldman and Kuck cases, noone has been arrested for OC'ing. I recently had a conversation with a LEO and he told me they would nOT arrest, but would ask me to cover up if they saw it. I informed him of the law and he promised he would research it.

For more Open Carry in CT folks, visit: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum14/

and, PLEASE !!!!! join and support the Connecticut Citizens Defense League. http://ccdl.us/

• Members

Well, my instructor and the local authorities here have made it well known that if they receive a call from a concerned citizen, they have and they are going to take your CCW license and arrest you for disorderly conduct. I know it has been recently challenged by a soccer mom; but I don't see the overall climate in CT conducive to OC yet and I'm perfectly happy to CC.

Therefore I stand by my statement, my opinion is that in practice.....CT is nOT an OC state. If you'd like me to modify that by saying, "CT is nOT an OC friendly state" then consider it done.

• Members

My correction was more toward this statement: "but every person who has tried it has been arrested by the police for disorderly conduct"

There are many folks who OC every day, and many OThers who have done so w/out incident. I would agree that CT is nOT OC friendly.

BTW, my instructor said something similar. I am convinced that the instructors are the major problem here. They drive the culture more then anyone else. I wish more of them would discuss OC from a legal POV, and tell folks it is legal. There are a few who do, but nOT many.

• Members

Mine is Waterbury to Danbury. While the economy was bad, the commute was decent. Now that the economy is picking up, the commute is getting worse. :-(

I HATED busy highways and road congestion... UNTIL... I opened my hobby store. Then I LOVED busy highways and road congestion...

It's all your point of view! (owned the store before full time pastor - '97 to 2002)

• Members

I HATED busy highways and road congestion... UNTIL... I opened my hobby store. Then I LOVED busy highways and road congestion...

It's all your point of view! (owned the store before full time pastor - '97 to 2002)

If you're still in the hobby business or if nOT,
I gOT some left over balsa wood, no round dowels, just some light stuff and some pieces different thickness and 3" wide. If you want it, I can send it to ya, NO CHARGE !!! Really, some of it is as thin as 1/32" and thick as 1/2". I was thinking about using it for kindling to start fires this winter, lol.

• Members

I gOT some left over balsa wood, no round dowels, just some light stuff and some pieces different thickness and 3" wide. If you want it, I can send it to ya, NO CHARGE !!! Really, some of it is as thin as 1/32" and thick as 1/2". I was thinking about using it for kindling to start fires this winter, lol.

gOT out the biz in 2002, the 60 hr weeks was killing my spiritual life.

You'll make someone VERY happy by finding the closest RC airplane club to donate the balsa too! Schools can always usually use balsa too.

• Members

My hubby will take it if you are still giving it away. He is a model railroad enthusiast and hobbyist.