• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Will there be a beer summit for this guy?

• Members

Aren't most unions democrat minded?

I saw him on Fox earlier today. It seems that maybe our president is responsible for this, after having come out and publicly saying what he did about those who oppose him and his health care plan.

I must be honest, I have begun to think that Mr. President really thinks he is the Messiah and no one should stand between him and what he is for.

• Members

They are referring to the incident that happened several weeks ago between a black Harvard scholar (Henry Gates) and a white police officer (Sergeant James Crowley). Sgt. Crowley was responding to a 911 call saying that "someone was breaking into a home" - and the home happened to be Mr. Gates' home. Here is a link to a news article about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/28/professor-officer-expected-meet-president-beer-thursday/

It erupted into a national scandal and President Obama invited both men to the White House to "have a beer" and discuss the issue.

Hope this helps!

• Members

Blast--I hate not getting jokes. I'm really sorry, Wichbla, but I still don't know what that is. :puzzled3:

Just a lame joke by me. Beersheba is a city in Israel. The "beer summit" was that silly nonsense that took place between Obama, Gates and the police officer Crowley. It meant nothing and won't solve anything.