• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Time Period of Dinosaurs

• Members
And I've still haven't heard you or anyone else answer this question without speculating from the foundation of your mind.

*sigh* I'll attempt one last time:
Me: I believe dinosaurs were created on day 6 because God's word says "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so." - Genesis 1:24
Wilchbla: I believe dinosaurs existed before the 7 day creation because I think something happened between verse one and verse two.

Do you see the difference in foundation? I can't really simplify it any further.

If the dinosaurs were to die off right away after the flood because of climate change than what was the purpose of God having Noah bring them upon the ark to begin with other than maybe to hold a big barbecue after the flood? And please' date=' none of this "it's already been answered in the thread." What is your answer and where is the proof of any dinosaurs every being found alive (no Jules Verne fairytale stuff please).[/quote']

If dodos were to die off a few thousand years after the flood, what was the purpose of Noah bringing them on the ark to begin with? Add to the fact that we really don't know exactly when dinosaurs died off, if all the way. Do you think that the thousands of dragon legends are really nothing but fairy tales independently thought up by hundreds of different people? Can you at least fit in your mind that perhaps people saw some large creatures not in existence today that actually existed? Just because you have never personally seen it, doesn't mean it never existed.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

maybe these dinosaurs evolve (or de-evolution or however you see it, I do believe dogs and wolves are in the same family) so much and so fast that were just too dangerous for humankinds as well. He got to make way for Christ.

God had always took care of his creatures (and used his creation to take care of us as well).. from the garden of Adam and Eve to Noah's ark and i think he always will which is why I believe we will always have animals.

• Members
We speculate based on Scripture, which I think IS better than speculation based on imagination. This is a Independent Fundamental Baptist board; it would be expected that we hold according views and won't easily be convinced of an unscriptural and unscientific gap theory.

Wait a minute. Didn't I give scripture?. Oh yes, I did. So I'm speculating off scripture just as much as you, pal. Now let's drop it.

• Members
Wait a minute. Didn't I give scripture?. Oh yes' date=' I did. So I'm speculating off scripture just as much as you, pal. Now let's drop it.[/quote']

Starting from page 6 (where I read from): Genesis 1:3 and II Peter 3:4-7. The former talks about the first day, the latter about the flood (although I think you meant it to be another flood). What about the rest of your points? I answered your question about satan's fall with Scripture and many other places, and you never answered any of those points. The only thing you did was defend your speculation by claiming I did it exactly as you did, which I didn't. However, if you want to drop it after just ignoring all my main points and arguing about how who was thinking, that's fine with me. In that case, my points stand.

• Members

I'm certain I don't want to get into a full blown discussion of this topic but I'll just make a quick point.

I've studied this issue as in-depth as I can and from all that I've concluded that dinosuars and humans walked the earth at the same time; the dinosaurs didn't all disappear at one point in time; there is no "evolution" on any level; the concept of "micro-evolution" is just as wrong as the concept of macro-evolution; etc...

Dinosaurs (as we know and think of them) were "discovered" and "named" in very recent times (1800s). However, there is abundant evidence of dinosaurs found in ancient literature as well as artwork. There is also plenty of evidence to show certain species of dinosaurs were still present, although in very tiny numbers, as late as just a few hundred years ago.

If one casts aside the hyerbole and wild speculations and simply takes the facts available, the issue becomes so much more clear.

• Members

Welcome back John. I haven't seen you around in a while.

Thank you (and thank you to others who have welcomed me back too!).

I had to take a break from the constant attacks against clear biblical commands and principles and the promotion of worldly ideas rather than biblical.

Sometimes a season of refreshing is needed. I've spent a lot of time praying and a good deal of reading Scripture and Christian books (currently reading a book of sermons from Dr. John Hamblin).

I missed my brothers and sisters in Christ here and the wonderful fellowship and friendship. When I received a PM notice from someone here I prayed and knew it was time to return to OB.

• Members

I'm certain I don't want to get into a full blown discussion of this topic but I'll just make a quick point.

I've studied this issue as in-depth as I can and from all that I've concluded that dinosuars and humans walked the earth at the same time; the dinosaurs didn't all disappear at one point in time; there is no "evolution" on any level; the concept of "micro-evolution" is just as wrong as the concept of macro-evolution; etc...

Dinosaurs (as we know and think of them) were "discovered" and "named" in very recent times (1800s). However, there is abundant evidence of dinosaurs found in ancient literature as well as artwork.
There is evidence suggesting that ancient peoples, in the isles of Greece, encountered giant fossil bones. They also created artwork of fantastic things like medusas, cyclops, satyrs, and nymphs too. But that doesn't mean they existed. Not only that, but artwork of 'dinosaurs' can be faked like anything else.

There is also plenty of evidence to show certain species of dinosaurs were still present, although in very tiny numbers, as late as just a few hundred years ago.
There is? There is also "evidence" that Sasquatch, the Loch Ness monster, and UFO's exist, but nobody has ever shown proof that they have captured one of those either, have they?

If one casts aside the hyerbole and wild speculations and simply takes the facts available, the issue becomes so much more clear.
I'm still waiting for those facts.

Look.........
1. Some hold that the earth is roughly 6.000 years old, right?
2. Doesn't recorded history (in egypt at least)go back to around 5,300 years?
3. Haven't NON FOSSILIZED human and animal bones been found from that time period?
4. So why are 99.9% of dino skeletons fossilized...if they're only 6000 years old?

• Members

Like I said, I'm not getting into all this. Myself and others have posted much on this in the past and I don't have the time to look all that up again.

There is no proof of Bigfoot, there is speculation. Things such as cyclops were obviously a part of mythological lore whereas artwork depicting daily life are not.

There are plenty of ways to tell the difference between ancient artwork and faked. Thus far, none of the pieces of artwork found in South America depicting humans interacting with dinosaurs has been found to be fake.

When dealing with Egypt and time one has to consider the methods used and the reason they choose the time they select. Even among secular historians and archeologists they are having to radically change their positions on time due to overwhelming evidence that's come forth over the past couple of decades proving their old calculations are way off.

• Members

Sir , I'm only going to deal with #4. at the end of your post. You really need to do some reseach on how carbon dating is done. This would help you and just the dating of fossils and the earth's layers. Just start there ok? You've been mislead.Just think and research all the scientific evedience-not just one topic! Not just from one side!

There is evidence suggesting that ancient peoples, in the isles of Greece, encountered giant fossil bones. They also created artwork of fantastic things like medusas, cyclops, satyrs, and nymphs too. But that doesn't mean they existed. Not only that, but artwork of 'dinosaurs' can be faked like anything else.

There is? There is also "evidence" that Sasquatch, the Loch Ness monster, and UFO's exist, but nobody has ever shown proof that they have captured one of those either, have they?

I'm still waiting for those facts.

Look.........
1. Some hold that the earth is roughly 6.000 years old, right?
2. Doesn't recorded history (in egypt at least)go back to around 5,300 years?
3. Haven't NON FOSSILIZED human and animal bones been found from that time period?
4. So why are 99.9% of dino skeletons fossilized...if they're only 6000 years old?

• Members

Sir , I'm only going to deal with #4. at the end of your post. You really need to do some reseach on how carbon dating is done. This would help you and just the dating of fossils and the earth's layers. Just start there ok? You've been mislead.Just think and research all the scientific evedience-not just one topic! Not just from one side!

Hi HbG. I can't speak for John but most creation scientists understand how carbon dating works. Their argument is that it can't be relied on because the climate had a drastic change after the flood affecting the accuracy of carbon dating. If I remember they even were able to prove this in a laboratory.

• Members

His by Grace,
I never even mentioned carbon dating.
"Young earth creationists" say that the earth is around 6,000 years old, am I correct? RECORDED history goes back at least to 5300 years. Recorded written history...not carbon dated... So if you find some Egyptian hieroglyphs with the pharaoh's name and the dead pharaoh in the tomb with them, you pretty much don't need carbon dating do you? Many of the places, kings, and kingdoms, in the Near East have been dated almost to the exact year becasue these people had written records.

Ancient places like Ur of the Chaldees, have been excavated and the remains found were NOT fossilized. Not one of the ancient civilizations, to my knowledge, have ever produced any FOSSILIZED remains. Places like Sumeria really were around close to 6,000 years ago.

So I say again, if we have found NON FOSSILIZED buried human and animal remains in those places, which we can be almost certain are around 6,000 years old, why aren't we finding at least as much NON FOSSILIZED "dinosaur" remains? Understand?

Not only that....but if we have found huge amounts of FOSSILIZED dino remains, why not human? Don't you think the human population was quite substantial at the time of the flood? Maybe it's because those people all drowned in the flood, then were decomposed... and not a single dinosaur even went through the flood?

• Members

SCDG K102 is a human fossil that is only around 400 years old. You can check it on evolutionist websites and books if you want. It doesn't take millions of years for fossils to form; in fact, fossilization has to occur fast enough so that the creature doesn't have a chance to rot. Even the evolutionists will agree (though different types of fossils take different amounts of time to form), the part they don't agree on is how long those fossils were in the ground before they were dug up. Fossils themselves pose no problem to YEC.

Creationist: This fossil formed rather quickly during the flood and we dug it up 4400 years later.

Evolutionist: This fossil formed rather quickly and has been lying in the earth for 2 million years.

Plus, it's impossible to form some types fossils (that do exist) without water; so why is the flood a bad explanation for them? Because the date of the flood doesn't match up with what evolutionists say?

• Members

SCDG K102 is a human fossil that is only around 400 years old.

I will quote myself again......
Not only that....but if we have found huge amounts of FOSSILIZED dino remains, why not human? Don't you think the human population was quite substantial at the time of the flood?

Yes, and they are supposed to have found a tiny amount of organic T-Rex tissue as well. But what is the NORM? You got more than one or just a few fossilized humans?