• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Time Period of Dinosaurs

• Members

You do not know how many billions of bodies there should be, and you do not know how many dinosaurs you should find. You cannot prove anything by "how many unfossilized bones" we find. Anyway....its true you find humans in tombs. Who buried the dinosaurs after the flood? What happens to beached whales? Are their bones left for another generation to find? Or do animals take the bones away, they disintegrate, etc?

Most animals who were fossilized during the flood were taken by surprise. Humans probably tried to run, get away, etc....its very likely they were not fossilized (most of them) but died and decayed. There are certain animals you don't find alot of them fossilized....some of them maybe did not get buried quickly and thus fossilized like fish and dinosaurs....others maybe were at the wrong place to get fossilized and were not suddenly buried....some may be down so low in the ground we haven't found them yet. Fossils are not evenly spread, but are found in clumps...probably around spots where the most heat and pressure and burial was formed during the flood. The earth literally broke apart during the flood...water came up from the deep, and other water poured from the skies. The fossilization ended up being random as far as who was where at what time and event during the flood. Also, due to the intense pressure, alot of organic material was formed into coal and oil. Those humans you are referring to are probably part of the oil you burn in your gas tank. There is lava inside the earth....when the earth broke apart, it probably was not just water but hot water and magma. Alot of animals and humans were probably just immediately disintegrated. The flood was not just the rainstorm of children's stories, but an incredibly violent event.

Just curious...what exactly are you trying to disprove with your questions?

Kitagirl,
I'm certainly not trying to disprove a six-day Creation. I just want truth and facts, not conjecture.

Humans probably tried to run, get away,

Kitagirl, Thousands of people have died in earthquakes, mudslides, and other natural disasters and never got the chance to "run away". I ask again........Where are the fossils?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Like I said....most of the "fossils" were turned to oil and coal. Remember I said organic material makes up oil...any plant and animal and human life during the flood that was not fossilized turned to oil.

I don't claim to be able to report a play by play account of what happened during the flood...who swam away or ran or why some got fossilized and others got buried, but I do know that fossilization AND oil AND coal all happened during the flood. Why some are visible today and why some were turned to "fossil fuel" (there's a reason its called that) only God knows.

• Members

Like I said....most of the "fossils" were turned to oil and coal. Remember I said organic material makes up oil...any plant and animal and human life during the flood that was not fossilized turned to oil.

I don't claim to be able to report a play by play account of what happened during the flood...who swam away or ran or why some got fossilized and others got buried, but I do know that fossilization AND oil AND coal all happened during the flood. Why some are visible today and why some were turned to "fossil fuel" (there's a reason its called that) only God knows.

So now the dinos who died in the flood, turned to stone but the people all turned to oil? I give up!! :icon_rolleyes:

Madeline, I listened to most of the debate you posted. I must say this Farrell Till guy sounds proud and arrogant, and his information is flawed. He claims there is no way human diversity(such as blacks and whites) could have developed within a few thousand years, from Noah's family. This is not true because man bred things like hundreds of breeds of dogs within in a few thousand years. He also listed goats as the same "kind" as cattle. You can't breed goats with cattle. On the other hand, Kent Hovind is inaccurate when he denies Till's statement that a giraffe was a clean animal, saying that "clean" beasts were not specified until hundreds of years later. This is not true either. Genesis 7:2

I strongly disagree with Hovind on alot of things. But if I had to choose, I'd have to listen to Hovind, at least he's humorous. :lol:

• Members

You'll all think I'm crazy but I believe the dinosaurs were before Adam. In fact, they lived someplace between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2. No, I'm not an evolutionist. I believe in the literal seven day creation of Genesis. But I also believe that there was an earth before us populated with dinosaurs and probably inhabitated by Lucifer and his angels (interesting how he would be changed into a DRAGON after his fall) that was destroyed. There is no other place in scripture for Lucifer's fall unless you place it at the same time as Adam and Eve sinning in the Garden of Eden. It never made sense to me that God would have Noah load the ark up with dinosaurs if they were just gonna die off right away because of the climate change. Also, I remember reading once that there is evidence for TWO cataclysmic floods upon the earth. Finally, many scientists don't believe in the fossil fuel theory anymore (I've heard that most Russian scientists do not) but hold to a biogenic hypothesis of oil. You can read about this in the book Black Gold Stranglehold by Jerome Corsi.

• Members

I definitely do not believe in the gap theory. Satan fell sometime between creation and the fall of Adam and Eve. There are at least a couple weeks' time between those two events.

• Administrators

I don't know, Wilch - the Bible says that God created the animals on the sixth day. And dinosaurs were animals!! I don't think there is scriptural backing for the idea of animals existing (whether dinosaur or not) before Adam and Eve.

And was satan really turned into a dragon? Or just called a dragon?

• Members

You'll all think I'm crazy but I believe the dinosaurs were before Adam. In fact, they lived someplace between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2. No, I'm not an evolutionist. I believe in the literal seven day creation of Genesis. But I also believe that there was an earth before us populated with dinosaurs and probably inhabitated by Lucifer and his angels (interesting how he would be changed into a DRAGON after his fall) that was destroyed. There is no other place in scripture for Lucifer's fall unless you place it at the same time as Adam and Eve sinning in the Garden of Eden. It never made sense to me that God would have Noah load the ark up with dinosaurs if they were just gonna die off right away because of the climate change. Also, I remember reading once that there is evidence for TWO cataclysmic floods upon the earth. Finally, many scientists don't believe in the fossil fuel theory anymore (I've heard that most Russian scientists do not) but hold to a biogenic hypothesis of oil. You can read about this in the book Black Gold Stranglehold by Jerome Corsi.

There are so many problems with your theories.

God says that is was by Adam's disobedience that sin and death entered the world. There was no death prior to Adam's fall. Gap theorists say that that only means this current world but there is no Biblical evidence for Lucifer and the dinos living prior to Adam.

God said He created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in 6 days.

Also, Noah took other animals on the ark that have since gone extinct, not just dinos. So the argument that it "doesn't make sense" isn't really valid. I mean, why would God create any one of us when He knew we were going to disobey?

There is no evidence that the dinos died "right away because of the climate change". None of us here knows how long the dinos lasted. If Noah was smart-and I'm pretty sure he was- he probably took baby animals with him. They eat less and sleep more. Anyway, animals that grew large before the Flood didn't grow as large afterward because of the climate change. Two (seven of some) of every kind of animal isn't really that many animals compared to the whole world. And since man decided to stay in one place for a few hundred years, the animals that feared man would have migrated away...all over the world.

Since

• Members

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

#1. Who was the first sinner?
Who was the serpent in the Garden of Eden? Answer.... Satan
So, obviously, Satan was evil before he tempted Eve, correct? Yes
So when did Satan fall? yes, before Adam.
So the father of lies and murder, sinned somewhere in the Universe BEFORE Adam sinned, correct? Yes, correct.
And what did God do? That's right, He kicked him out Luke 10:18
And where diid he fall? To the earth. Revelation 12:9

#2. When did death first occur?
a. Who creates evil? Isaiah 45:7
b. Is the act of a wolf killing a sheep, evil? Yes it is
c. Is the wolf a sinner? No
d. What were deer, sheep and cattle made for?
four words... made to be "taken" 2 Peter 2:11
e. and when did God MAKE everything? at the creation. Genesis 1
f. Finally, if God made sheep, and he made them to be "taken", He did that creation right? Yes

When did man first die? Romans 5:12
But does that mean death did not already exist in a previous world? We don't know.
God creates evil, but God does NOT sin, or create sin. So are evil and sin the same thing? I think not. God made deer, rabbits, cattle to be FOOD for predators. That is not sin, but it IS evil(bad) and if you don't think so, ask the sheep.. So what's the problem with believing that animal death had already occured in a previous world? And remember, sin already existed before Adam.
I believe what the Bible says, God created the heaven and the earth in six days. But do we know all that entails? I don't know. I'm just going to say God created the earth in six days and leave it at that........... but I'm NOT going to try to explain dinosaurs by saying that "maybe" baby dinosaurs rode out the flood in Noah's ark.

• Members

I'm waiting for the, "Real Christians who are right with the Lord have to believe ___________________(you fill in the blank) about Genesis 1 & 2 or they aren't right with God" line to be posted by someone. Perhaps it already has been........

• Members

Sin didn't exist before Adam...not on earth. "Death reigned from Adam...."

And if Noah took two of every animal, then that does include dinos. No "maybe" about it.

Sorry, my bad. The word was "probably". :)

They were around pre flood and then they probably took young ones on the ark....and then were around quite awhile after the flood but then slowly died off.

Sin didn't exist before Adam...not on earth

Kitagirl, would you answer each question?
Who does the Bible say was a liar from the beginning?
Who lied to Eve?
The being who lied to Eve, was he not here on earth?