• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church of God World MIssion Society

• Members

Anyone ever heard of this? I never have. Two people stopped by my house tonight from this group. They have some crazy beliefs that are just things I have never heard of (crazy California!!). They believe in a heavenly mother, Saturday sabbath, baptism and celebration of passover are required for salvation, Heaven is a mirror to earth (there is a heavenly Jerusalem and an earthly one), and we must know the bride of Christ (who is our heavenly mother) to enter heaven. They wanted to have the bishop come over and baptize me in my shower!

I've never heard of any of this before, or this group. Anyone?

• Members

YES!

THIS IS A HERETICAL, APOSTATE CULT!

It was founded in the 1960s by a Korean man named Ahn Sahng-Hong, a former 7TH DAY ADVENTIST . They believe that Sahng(Died 1985) was the 2nd coming of Jesus; they also believe in modalism, as well as the beliefs they told you about.

They believe their current leader, Zang Gil-Jah, is the "heavenly mother".

It is an offshoot of the 7TH DAY ADVENTISTS, and still holds to many of their beliefs.

Many of its newer members are Korean-American women. Do you happen to be of Korean ancestry? If so, maybe that's why they targeted you.

But it appears you KNOW YOUR BIBLE, so you were able to instantly recognize their apostasy and idolatry. PRAISE THE LORD!

• Members

Anyone ever heard of this? I never have. Two people stopped by my house tonight from this group. They have some crazy beliefs that are just things I have never heard of (crazy California!!). They believe in a heavenly mother, Saturday sabbath, baptism and celebration of passover are required for salvation, Heaven is a mirror to earth (there is a heavenly Jerusalem and an earthly one), and we must know the bride of Christ (who is our heavenly mother) to enter heaven. They wanted to have the bishop come over and baptize me in my shower!

I've never heard of any of this before, or this group. Anyone?

Sounds like you had some conversation with them. Please be safe! It saddens me that it wasn't an IFB knocking on your door. These cults put us to shame when it comes to propagating what you believe!

• Members

Oh no, I know they are a cult, no worries about me falling prey to that. You could tell after just a couple sentences! I have just never heard of this group before, or the whole heavenly mother thing at all before and thought it was weird. Unfortunately I was home alone (husband at soccer) and only answered because I thought it WAS my husband coming home (he plays jokes on me sometimes and will ring the doorbell and then hide behind the bush when I answer). Generally I never answer the door if my husband isn't home. I did have a slight conversation with them through the doorway. They started by asking me if I knew about heavenly mother and since I had no idea what they were talking about I wanted to listen to be able to help others. I'm sure I made their day when I thought they were Catholic and talking about Mary :P . I'm a little worried for others, especially those new in Christ, because apparently this group believes the world is ending in 2012 and they are actively trying to recruit members. I read up on them online and apparently they are popping up churches all over filled with "missionaries" who spend their whole time going around and recruiting people. One of their main things is college campuses because the young people there are more vulnerable.

I'm not Asian at all, I think they were just going door to door. One girl was Asian and the other was Mexican I think.

The IFB wouldn't be knocking on my door because I go to church there ;). I agree, I wish more Christians had the zest for soul winning these cults do!

We shouldn't be surprised though. Jesus is coming soon and these false religions will just be popping up more and more!

• Members

It's quite a challenge witnessing to members of a oseudo/quasi/Christian cult such as this one, or the better-known ones such as JWs or LDSs. They have submitted to the wordsa man insteada the wordsa GOD, and think themselves already saved by their denom's own invented version of Jesus.

However, we should take every opportunity to evangelize these cult members when they arise. usually, it'll be at some unexpected time/place. (I have found it's almost-useless to go uninvited to a cultist's home; they've been 'conditioned' to reject true Christianity.) We should be ready at any time to present our testimony to Christ in such places as Wal-Mart, court house, public transportation, street corner, or public restroom. We never know when the HOLY SPIRIT will bring saint & sinner together for a little talk!

I tryta politely evangelize every cult missionary who comes to my door, ALWAYS ASKING THE HOLY SPIRIT TO HELP ME! I at least sow the seed; it's upta GOD to make it grow.

Again, Lily, happy to see ya instantly recognized those cultists for what they are!