• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Agony of Sin ......

• Members

I too have struggled with Yes and No, Right and Wrong. It notoriously bugs me. My dads family being Salvationists, and my mother being an unfit mother. Then theres me. The struggle in my life is undoubtably crushing at times. Even so recently. I struggle with alot and often times let myself down by throwing down the fight knowing I'm going to be wrong in doing so . Throwing in the towel is no way to do it. Often times I wonder what am I trying to prove to myself. I've learned a few things since joining the board. Question is why am I kidding myself, thinking I can do it by myself. Whats wrong with me. I can give great advice but have a hard time taking advice. This is true of me at work and at home.

Paul had a similar issues. God struck him to the ground before he would listen...... question I keep asking myself is why am I being so stubborn am I going to let it kill me or am I going to submit.

Things are going on in my life and I can't figure out why now ? Excuse me if it seems like I'm venting .....

• Members

I've been where you are. God took me to a place where I had to submit and rely on him only.
I kept on trying to do it on my own. A lot of it had to do with pride. When you grow up in a home that is messed up, you have to come to a certain knowledge of how things work on your own and when you do, you find it hard to accept what someone (or God) might be trying to tell you. No one told you when you were younger and you struggled to attain your knowledge bit by bit. People call you a survivor or tell you, you are doing a really good job when you feel like a failure, but they don't know that.
If you have accepted Jesus, he has to send trials your way to break down the barriers you put up, so you have to rely on him. When you are done going through the pain and he makes you to understand what he is doing, you can't or shouldn't want to stop thanking him and praising him for taking over your life. I gladly give mine to him now. I won't to anything andymore unless I believe it is the will of God. My idea of doing something sinful that I feel bad about and need to repent over if I am thinking bad of someone with no action done on my part. No one even knew I thought bad of the person. But it make me feel like I needed to repent because I wanted to come to God with a pure heart after everything he's done for me. I makes me feel like I am unfit to come before him in prayer unless in confess faults and sins and know that he has (as always) forgives me. Then I know he can move in my life, in ways it would have been impossible to imagine before.
Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, but it's hard for me to put into words what God can do for you (what he's done in my life) if you give God the control over your life.

• Members
I've been where you are. God took me to a place where I had to submit and rely on him only.
I kept on trying to do it on my own. A lot of it had to do with pride. When you grow up in a home that is messed up, you have to come to a certain knowledge of how things work on your own and when you do, you find it hard to accept what someone (or God) might be trying to tell you. No one told you when you were younger and you struggled to attain your knowledge bit by bit. People call you a survivor or tell you, you are doing a really good job when you feel like a failure, but they don't know that.
If you have accepted Jesus, he has to send trials your way to break down the barriers you put up, so you have to rely on him. When you are done going through the pain and he makes you to understand what he is doing, you can't or shouldn't want to stop thanking him and praising him for taking over your life. I gladly give mine to him now. I won't to anything andymore unless I believe it is the will of God. My idea of doing something sinful that I feel bad about and need to repent over if I am thinking bad of someone with no action done on my part. No one even knew I thought bad of the person. But it make me feel like I needed to repent because I wanted to come to God with a pure heart after everything he's done for me. I makes me feel like I am unfit to come before him in prayer unless in confess faults and sins and know that he has (as always) forgives me. Then I know he can move in my life, in ways it would have been impossible to imagine before.
Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, but it's hard for me to put into words what God can do for you (what he's done in my life) if you give God the control over your life.

Yeah I do know extactly what you mean. I'm notorious for putting up barriers and need to quit. The struggles are hard and sometimes I have no clue as to how to deal with them.

• Members

Yeah I do know extactly what you mean. I'm notorious for putting up barriers and need to quit. The struggles are hard and sometimes I have no clue as to how to deal with them.

Ask God to help you. You have to have the faith to believe that he will. It will seem scary when he starts breaking them, but that is when you give everything to him. He wants you to rely on him and him only. I wish I would have had someone to tell me that, when God was breaking mine and I didn't know it was him. It would have saved me a whole lot of pain and misery and fear. I also tried to rely on a person instead of God. You can't do that either. It just prolongs the process. If your God's, he will break the barriers one way or another. Mainly, because he knows you want them broken and don't know how. He will do what any good father that loves his child would do and break the barriers for you. He doesn't want to see you hurting or in confusion. If your son felt like that, wouldn't you want to do whatever you could to stop that hurt and confusion? Would you tell your son to trust you so you can help him?

• Members

One thing we all ought to know, that while we are in flesh and blood we will never reach perfection, we will always come short of the glory of God.

But we ought to know this, we can always be improving.

We improve by staying in God's Word, constantly learning, putting what we learn to use in our lives. Doing this we can improve this year from what we were in 2008, if we do this we can be pleasing to God.

Them the day will come when we graduate to heaven, at that time we will reach perfection.

Thanks be due to God's grace, God looks upon us who have Jesus as our Savior as having been washed in the blood of the Lamb.

• Members

Good postings.

I've been through all that myself. Trying to do things in my own power, trying to think or scheme things to work out the way I wanted, allowing myself to become frustrated and discouraged because nothing seemed to work out right.

I can't say there was ever any major happening in my life that got me rightly turning things over to the Lord and truly trusting Him in all things. More like a serious of things over the years that drew me ever nearer to Him, ever more abiding in Him, evern more walking in the Spirit.

It's said over and over again, that's because it's so true, it's the absolute foundation for a Christian, and that is we must read the Word daily and be in much prayer. NOTHING is a substitute for reading the Word of God and prayer.

• 2 weeks later...

What you said here really had a impact in my life. Thank you for your honesty! pixiedust -----------------------

Ask God to help you. You have to have the faith to believe that he will. It will seem scary when he starts breaking them, but that is when you give everything to him. He wants you to rely on him and him only. I wish I would have had someone to tell me that, when God was breaking mine and I didn't know it was him. It would have saved me a whole lot of pain and misery and fear. I also tried to rely on a person instead of God. You can't do that either. It just prolongs the process. If your God's, he will break the barriers one way or another. Mainly, because he knows you want them broken and don't know how. He will do what any good father that loves his child would do and break the barriers for you. He doesn't want to see you hurting or in confusion. If your son felt like that, wouldn't you want to do whatever you could to stop that hurt and confusion? Would you tell your son to trust you so you can help him?

• Members
What you said here really had a impact in my life. Thank you for your honesty! pixiedust -----------------------

You saying that, just proves how good God is. One of my prayers I have asked of God is to help me use the mistakes in my life to help anyone else (mainly other women). He has put several people in my path since then. Now I do not feel so many years have been completely wasted before I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and I've been trying to serve (with His help of course) the Lord the way I should have been all along.