• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"King James Bible Summit" at Hyles-Anderson College

• Administrators

I do not know if any of you have heard about the "King James Bible Summit" that was held the other day at Hyles Anderson. I am not posting this to argue/debate the KJV or Hyles Anderson College. Seeing how there has been speculation over the KJV and Pastor Schaap I had some interest in hearing what would come out of this.

Bro. Tom Harris attended the summit and posted the following on his blog
http://www.gloryimsaved.com/?p=28

• Members

Bro. Tom Harris attended the summit and posted the following on his blog

http://www.gloryimsaved.com/?p=28

Thanks for this post Bro. Matt. I like to "keep up" on what's going in the various "fundamental/Baptist" circles. I'll be interested in looking at the CD material.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks Bro Matt!

I'm not sure I understand what is suggested on slides 19 and 20 of the "Inerrancy.pdf".

Particularly slide 20..."If perfect meant without error or without sin, then our Saviour could not have been made perfect."

In the case of God's work in matters of the Spirit, I prefer, to think of the work done not the Lord God my Savior as being perfected. Also, is there a subtle insinuation of a made being?

Can anyone help understanding what the participant was attempting to convey?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dr. Schaap had sent out a special issue of The Voice, back in February, to clarify his position on inspiration and the KJB. I thought it very helpful to understand his stance. I haven't found it online, but I can email any one a copy if you're interested.

I, too, may order the CD's from this summit. I would love to have gone, but was not able to.

• Members

Dr. Schaap had sent out a special issue of The Voice, back in February, to clarify his position on inspiration and the KJB. I thought it very helpful to understand his stance. I haven't found it online, but I can email any one a copy if you're interested.

I, too, may order the CD's from this summit. I would love to have gone, but was not able to.

Hey Pastor, my life's verse is also Gal. 2:20! Must be that great minds think alike...well, sometimes anyway!

• Members

Hey Pastor, my life's verse is also Gal. 2:20! Must be that great minds think alike...well, sometimes anyway!

I agree! BTW, I'm from Michigan, originally, a big Tigers fan, and yes, a Lion's fan. My dad works for GM. I saw that you are retired automotive worker. Good on you!