• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

(Book) "Foxes Book of Martyrs"

• Members

'Foxes Book of Martyrs' is an excellent book to challenge one's faith. I actually read it before my salvation... as someone loaned it to me.

I also got a copy from my church recently. The puppy chewed through most of the book so I had to get a new one. Hey - my doggy even loved it. :coolsmiley: Mmmm, good. lol

God bless,

Molly

• Members

'Foxes Book of Martyrs' is an excellent book to challenge one's faith. I actually read it before my salvation... as someone loaned it to me.

I also got a copy from my church recently. The puppy chewed through most of the book so I had to get a new one. Hey - my doggy even loved it. :coolsmiley: Mmmm, good. lol

God bless,

Molly

I am glad that you and your dog like it. I hope it hasn't gone to the dogs yet though! It was dog-gone good.:icon_rolleyes:

• Members

I am glad that you and your dog like it. I hope it hasn't gone to the dogs yet though! It was dog-gone good.:icon_rolleyes:

:goodpost: You are sooo funny, Irishman! I didn't think about that. Hilarious!! Boy, I hope not. *whew* He really did enjoy it, too. lol He ate out the middle pages when he broke open the cover of the book. It was truly unreadable. I had to buy a new book... for sure! My other 2 dogs aren't the chewers that this little guy is. He loves Bibles, too. He has eaten around the edges of 2 of them, already. I have to hide them from him. :icon_smile:

God bless,

Molly

• Members

:goodpost: You are sooo funny, Irishman! I didn't think about that. Hilarious!! Boy, I hope not. *whew* He really did enjoy it, too. lol He ate out the middle pages when he broke open the cover of the book. It was truly unreadable. I had to buy a new book... for sure! My other 2 dogs aren't the chewers that this little guy is. He loves Bibles, too. He has eaten around the edges of 2 of them, already. I have to hide them from him. :icon_smile:

God bless,

Molly

That dog is teaching some very good lessons: many people read the Bible "around the edges", but consume very little of it!:lol: if I may...(I don't know if it's legal here to promote your own page, but here goes) I have an article (and picture) of my dog (now deceased) on my blog at "rightymo.blogspot.com". It is called D.O.G. Chronicles. (the letters don't stand for anything except "dog", but I thought it looked cool that way!) :icon_biggrin:

• Members

If you enjoyed Foxe then try "Purified Seven Times." It quotes Foxe's Book of Martyrs some but it is centered on the Men who worked to preserve God's Word up to the AV (KJV). While you are at it order "The Faithful Baptist Witness."

Here's a link: ORDER HERE

• Members

The Foxes Book of Martyrs found in stores is nothing but an abridged version (about 4% of the original 3,000 page version) of Foxes Acts and Monuments which you can read here if interested. This is a facsimile so it may be difficult to read.

http://www.hrionline.ac.uk/johnfoxe/

I own it on disk and many important things are left out of the version you find in stores. Most notably it has the doctrinal statement of the Waldensians which is almost identical to Independent Baptists of today and also some fascinating letters written by various Popes ordering the death of saints for heresy.

• Members

Thank you, holster and Wilchbla for the information. I had heard that is was an 'abridged version' only. I have only a copy of 'Purified Seven Times.' This is great to know. Also, thanks for the name of 'The Faithful Baptist Witness' - holster.

So funny, Irishman... and, so true! This little puppy cannot sit still during Bible studies and prayer. Forget about how he acts at the blessing before meals. lol Maybe, he hasn't reached the 'Age of Accountabilty.' :lol: He will, most likely, be a heathen... for the remainder of his dog life. haha

God bless,

Molly