• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

He's not black!!!!

• Members

Good grief. I'm trying not to talk or even think about Obama too much but for crying out loud, he is NOT black. He is more white than anything! A full half white...the other half is mixed black and oriental. He is not our first "African American" President.

Its just one of the many lies this guy is getting away with.

Hope nobody here owns too much stock because those who do are in more trouble than they've already been this past year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Good grief. I'm trying not to talk or even think about Obama too much but for crying out loud, he is NOT black. He is more white than anything! A full half white...the other half is mixed black and oriental. He is not our first "African American" President.

Hope nobody here owns too much stock because those who do are in more trouble than they've already been this past year.

Help me here, Suzy:::::::::: Do you know something you're not telling???????? I do own stock and need to know what you know. Not only that but I know an awwwwwwwwwwwful lottttttttttttta people that have their entire livelihood based on their stock investments. We know intuitively what happened in '29 but my parents knew it exprientially. Just surviving and keeping body and soul together was a monumental task. We've heard of those that couldn't cope with their (paper) monetary losses and ended up in suicide. I say paper losses, because they didn'y earn a bit of their millions b/c it was all speculation just as some today make money by buying and selling stock without even spending a single penny of their own money. We call it "day-trading", and is a scam as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

Oh good grief. His father is from Africa. If he is not African-American, I don't know what is. He is African-American in the true since of the word. Sure his mother is white, but his father is Kenyan, and his features are all African-American.

If this were 1950,I guarantee you he would be treated as a black man.

Get over it. Can't you find one nice thing to say about Obama? The rocks continue to be tossed, whether earned or not.

• Members
Oh good grief. His father is from Africa. If he is not African-American, I don't know what is. He is African-American in the true since of the word. Sure his mother is white, but his father is Kenyan, and his features are all African-American.

Get over it. Can't you find one nice thing to say about Obama? The rocks continue to be tossed, whether earned or not.

When he earns nice things, I will say them. Bush certainly did not earn the jeers he got yesterday. The government is working overtime to solidify the racial divide. I was not raised being racial. I've never seen "color". As a matter of face, I distinctly remember as a child thinking black people were beautiful and wishing I had black skin myself. However after having race (especially anti-white) shoved in my face all these years, I'm beginning to tire of it. And watching Obama completely ignore his "white heritage" is annoying at the least.

Anyway...as the President of AMERICA he is AMERICAN...not "african american". He gave up any African roots when he took office yesterday.

• Members

If we were still in the 50's black people would not have nothing, that is nothing to do with him.

I recall a boy who was a year or two older than I, he was half black, half white, had a white mother and a black father, sad to say he did not fit in anywhere, in later years he killed himself with a shotgun.

A couple of years ago I was talking to a friend about him, he said this and its so true, in modern America he would fit in and not have the many problems he went thru being rejected by most people.

Its so sad at how harsh man can be to someone who looks different than they do.

But I feel many in the black community will be highly disappointed in Obama.

• Members

Not according to a civil right activist who used to march with MLK:

Obama grew up in a different world.

"He was able to grow up not being negatively affected by the black experience," Young said. "He chose to be black. And he chose to work in Chicago's slums. And he chose to identify with the black experience."

Yet Obama's father was Kenyan. His mother was from Kansas. He lived in Indonesia. He had a Chinese stepfather. He lived in Hawaii with his white grandparents.

"I'm uncomfortable calling him black," Young said. "I say don't limit him. I say he's an Afro-Asian-Latin-European. And that makes him all American."
http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/191745

and yes, back in the 50's and 60's were pretty harsh to birracial family. My mom used to carry a picture of my dad and they asked her why is she carrying a picture a "N" (because of his darker skin due to his indian genetic trait although both of his parents are white/indian mixed with white skin)

• Members

Please pardon me for disagreeing with you; but he is considered by all scientific and cultural norms to be black. You do not have to even "look" black to be considered black and having black blood. My brother and his wife have four children. He is white (like me, Mom and Dad) and she is as black as midnight (her mother is white and father is black). Two of the children are black and two are white and no one would even know they are considered "African American" but they are..................Just the same with my Jewish brother in law and his French-Canadian wife....the children are definitely considered to be Jewish in descent.

I'd encourage you to stop focusing on this; it really is irrelevant at this point! Perhaps focusing on the man's policies would do you better.

• Members

His father is about 4/5 Arab and 1/5 Black African. That makes Barack only around 1/10 black. He's more white than anything else, and next up is Arab.

• Members

Please pardon me for disagreeing with you; but he is considered by all scientific and cultural norms to be black. You do not have to even "look" black to be considered black and having black blood. My brother and his wife have four children. He is white (like me, Mom and Dad) and she is as black as midnight (her mother is white and father is black). Two of the children are black and two are white and no one would even know they are considered "African American" but they are..................Just the same with my Jewish brother in law and his French-Canadian wife....the children are definitely considered to be Jewish in descent.

I'd encourage you to stop focusing on this; it really is irrelevant at this point! Perhaps focusing on the man's policies would do you better.

Then I am indian even though I look white.

nope, I am actually culturally white because I was in raised in that environment.

• Members

Then I am indian even though I look white.

nope, I am actually culturally white because I was in raised in that environment.

Yes, you are American Indian.

Actually, I suspect at this point most everyone is a "mutt" of sorts having all kinds of mixed descendancy!

• Members
then that mutt really depends on the culture they were raised in.

I am a "mutt" having French-Canadian, Irish and others mixed up in my bloodstream. I am definitely an American! And I understand the angst by people who are tired of the differentiation being made between Asian-American, American-Indian, African-American, Latina-American, Spanish-American and others.

Yes, we who are citizens of the United States should be able to just refer to each other as Americans and leave it at that.......

We will have truly arrived "racially" when people stop talking about the first black to be President of the USA and they start focusing on the man's terribly liberal stand on many things.

• Members
then that mutt really depends on the culture they were raised in.

Obama decided to be the black culture instead of white. which is fine, but he should not be ashame of being white. It's like people want his "white" side to disappear.

What makes you believe he is ashamed to have a white mother (although she too is most likely, as you call it, a "mutt")?

• Members

I am not sure if he is or not, but just saying he shouldn't be.

he refer himself as a mutt. And I refer myself as a mutt as well. so I am not trying to offend anyone about that. Or we can always say mulatto, birracial, or just plain american (when fill all those form to say what kind of race we are.. he will say black instead of white and I will say white instead of American Indian)