• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

He's not black!!!!

• Members
We are christians. We should be praying for our Country' date=' the President, and the current financial crisis. We do not need to go that route like the rest of the world. We need to stop the black and white comments that continues to damage this country.[/quote']

That is true. I think our main issue is that when we tried to get people to vote for a different party .. we were accused of racism just because we tried to explain why Obama would not be a good president. elections have always been like this, but it is the first time we were accused of being racist. And if we have a complaint about Obama today because of his policy.. it's racism. It is really not fair that we can't speak out against his policy because of that. So what people do? Vent.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess someone should tell the race baiters who hover around Obama to stop the white and black stuff. I will pray for the president. That he and all his cabinet and the congress get saved. I will not pray that all the ideas of the left get put into law. That is what Obama wants and the leftists in congress have wanted for a long time. I will pray for the repubs that they will have enough wisdom and backbone not to get bullied into going for this stuff.

• Members
We are christians. We should be praying for our Country' date=' the President, and the current financial crisis. We do not need to go that route like the rest of the world. We need to stop the black and white comments that continues to damage this country.[/quote']

Question, are you accusing us of not praying for our leaders as our Bible tells us to?

Just because we're having a discussion about this issue does no mean all of us are not praying for the leaders of our country just as the Bible teaches us.

Jerry,
I am talking to the people that continue the black and white discussion. As christian, we should not be talking about how black or white a person is. We can express our opinion on current events but having a conversation about "He is not black" is kind of sad for christians.

• Members

Maybe you should have waited a bit before making such a comment, that is wait until you have been around long enough to know the people just a bit better, if you had, them you probably would have know that they pray for ALL of their leaders just as God wants them to.

Your post seem like you were accusing them, us, of not doing that.

And its a fact, he is not a full black man, he did have a white mother, it say that, its not a raciest remark.

• Members
Maybe you should have waited a bit before making such a comment, that is wait until you have been around long enough to know the people just a bit better, if you had, them you probably would have know that they pray for ALL of their leaders just as God wants them to.

Your post seem like you were accusing them, us, of not doing that.

And its a fact, he is not a full black man, he did have a white mother, it say that, its not a raciest remark.

:goodpost:

As well, it wasn't the originator of this thread who brought race into the mix, it's Obama himself along with his handlers, followers and adoring media talking heads.

How many dozens of times during the inauguration did we hear about it being an historic event because a black was becoming president? How many times did Obama and his team use his race in order to denounce those who spoke against him, claiming attacks upon his positions were racist when they clearly were not? How often did the media boast that 97% of blacks voted for a black president? How often did the media insinuate that anytime less than half of white voters voted for Obama it was due to racism?

The list could go on and on. The fact is, Dems and liberals trade off the race issue and play the race game to their full advantage.

We can discuss this overemphasis upon race, and the falseness of much of it, as a matter of discussion without such preventing us from praying for our leaders and nation. Part of the point is that THEIR constant focus upon race is damaging and it would be better if they simply faced the facts and stopped resorting to these overblown racial games. That would be another good matter for our prayers.

• Members

PRESIDENT OBAMA HITS THE GROUND RUNNING

By Allan Wall

January 30, 2009
NewsWithViews.com

I love to watch presidential inaugurations. It?s an impressive ceremony, marking a transition of power and girded with a number of traditions, some of them two hundred years old.

The inauguration of Barack Obama was a great show to behold. Once again, the president of one party turned over power to that of another, in a peaceful transition of power.

Not only was this inauguration interesting for all the usual reasons, but it was also the most expensive one in history.

And, as we were reminded again and again by the media, this inauguration was ?historic? because it was the inauguration of the first African-American president.

Again and again we were reminded.

But wait a minute. Is it really true that race doesn?t matter? If race really doesn?t matter, then why does there have to be an African-American president? Especially when you consider that Blacks comprise only 13% of the nation?s population.

Does that mean that Blacks and other minorities cannot identify with a White president?

Does this mean that during future inaugurations, we will be reminded again and again of the historic nature of whomever is being inaugurated?

The first Woman president. The first Hispanic president. The first Asian-American president. The first Native American president. The first Eskimo president. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Or how about these potential historic inaugurations: The first Gay president. The first Lesbian president. The first polygamous president. The first president who?s had a sex change operation. Etc.

Will the constitutional significance of inaugurations be completely ignored in favor of identity politics?

Getting back to racial politics, is the fact that every previous president has been White really an injustice? After all, this nation was founded by White people, and is still a majority White nation.

Besides, Barack Obama himself is half white. In fact, his maternal ancestors, the Dunham family, have been living in this country since the 1600s. Why don?t we hear more about his White heritage? Does Obama not want to identify with our Colonial heritage?

It?s ironic too, that Obama is not even descended from American Blacks, but from a Kenyan.

We were constantly reminded that Martin Luther King, Jr. fought for Black civil rights, and that he wanted Blacks to be judged by the content of their character and not the color of the skin.

Did Blacks struggle all these years so that the first Black president could be the son of a foreigner and not of American Blacks! Do they themselves fail to see the irony?

Besides, how was Obama?s election the result of being judged by his character, and not skin color? Would a white politician who had accomplished as little as Obama been elected?

These are all questions that ought to be asked. Not that, in the midst of Obamamania, many will ponder them.

Anyway, our new president moved quickly to enact his agenda.

Obama?s former rival Hillary Clinton is our new Secretary of State. She was quickly confirmed despite the fact that her confirmation was unconstitutional.

According to Article 1, Section 6 of our oft-ignored Constitution,

" No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time?"

This means that you can?t be in Congress, vote for a pay raise for the Secretary of State, and before your term is over be named to that very same position. But that?s exactly what Hillary did, or more accurately, that?s exactly what Obama and the Senate did for Hillary. Apparently nobody in the Senate, including any Republican, spoke out against it. Well, so much for the Constitution.

Then we had Timothy Geithner, a confessed tax evader, named as Secretary of the Treasury. So do you suppose you or I can evade taxes this year and use Secretary Geithner as an excuse? No, I didn?t think so.

And now we have an enormous trillion-dollar ?stimulus? bill that is being cooked up by Obama and the Congress. Well, what can we say? It?s mostly pork, we?re in debt already, and there?s not much evidence it?s going to help the economy. But, no matter, it?s on the way to becoming a reality.

After all, is the real goal to help the economy, or further socialize it?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wall/allan110.htm

Jerry,
Thank you and God bless you.

For the rest,
My point is that we are Christians and Americans (doesn't matter what color). Let the world talk garbage if they want to but us (Christians) must guard our mouth. The world is looking at us. It doesn?t matter who initiated the black and white conversation, we should not participate from that.

Also, Allan Wall should add:
Getting back to racial politics, is the fact that every previous president has been White really an injustice? After all, this nation was founded by White people (that displaced a few indians that were here first), and is still a majority White nation.

And that's all for me.

• Members

ciranger,

Sorry for being a day late and a dollar short on this one (haven't been able to be online all week), but I think you have completely missed the point of this thread. It has nothing to do with race other than the fact that it is being used as a tool by the new POTUS and his staff. The point of this thread is just what my previous post said: expose the deceit and corruption being used even in this very simple way the lead the American people astray (even more than they already are). If "race" is a big issue with you and you don't like talking about this issue, feel free not to, but please be sure you understand a conversation before jumping in and making accusations. We love our country as much as you or anyone else does, and, therefore, we discuss the matters taking place within it and it's leadership. There's something in the bible about what comes out of our mouths comes from the heart. Forgive us for having our nation on our hearts. It might be because we are christians, it might be because we are Americans, and, well, it might even be because many of us on here have served in our country's military voluntarily and were willing and ready to lay down our own lives for our country's sake and the freedoms we have here. So, if we are a little bit concerned about the ignorance of most of the people in this country (including christians) that can't see for themselves what is really taking place....well, you're just going to have to be a good christian and forgive us, just as we forgive you for making assuptions about a conversation you didn't understand.

God Bless,

Futurehope

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I am only here very very rarely, but the ONE time I visit in many months; what do I find?
A racist thread.
Shame on you, OP. :gross:

Obviously you didn't read or understand the entire thread, but rather made a foolish assumption. Before you put down the OP, open your eyes and learn to read. Don't waste our time with your condemnation because your too lazy to look at the entirety of the conversation. Is this why you came back after many months. If it is, please save us all the time of not foolishly insulting people because of your own ignorance and personal racial issues. :thumbdown

• Members

I have come to find out that it only seems to matter what the fathers race is .
Hence why I have seen white skin blond hair ,blue eyes all apperances seems white yet their father was maybe American Indian or even black .They will be listed as either black or American Indian .
Seems totally crazy but thats what I am told