• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

He's not black!!!!

• Members

I don't think the goal should be being colorblind. The goal should be for everyone to respect every other peron's race, ethnicity, background and identity. We live in a wonderfully diverse nation. We should celebrate our differences, and celebrate our heritages. Italian Americans have a very unique culture that should be celebrated. African Americans are the same way, as well as Asian Americans.

The US has been referred to as the "melting pot." We need to recognize that our nation is made up of many different nationalities. The problem with just referring to everyone as plain old Americans is that people lose their cultural identities. Cultures are beautiful and add to the great fabric of our society. Celebrating one's background is good. Celebrating one's ethnicity is a good thing. For example, I know that my family migrated from England, and that I have English roots. This has added deeply to an understanding of myself and my family history.

All cultures are equally important and equally beautiful. God created differences, and those differences should be recognized and celebrated. It makes no sense to ignore a person's cultural and racial heritage. Part of Obama's heritage and family history lies in Kenya, and he is being faithful to that. He was raised by his white grandparents, and he is faithful to that as well and has done nothing but honor and respect them.

I don't understand what the big deal is.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Its just the philosophy about this whole racial thing. This entire presidential race has been extremely "racial" and so its not like we can just "forget it".

True he is very liberal and already doing horrible things like closing Gitmo and paying for more abortions with tax dollars.... I was just saying the entire premise behind this "historical" election is not even totally what they are saying it is! Its not like he is a pure African slave descendant or something.

• Members

BTW, in the history of Virginia, we have already lost our cultural identity. I can't even tell I have blacks in me or not. One document after another, it is mulatto, mulatto, mulatto. (if you are indian, asian, whatever, you were considered mulatto or colored... never white)

• Members

Read Obama's books and he tells why he chose to "be black".

This isn't uncommon. In university and some jobs I've encountered several who had white mothers and black or mexican fathers. Every one of them made a conscious, specific choice to "be black/be Mexican". One guy I knew at university was very anti-white, he hated that he wasn't fully Mexican and went to great lengths to put himself forth as Mexican.

Over the course of the past year I've heard Obama call himself a mutt twice.

Thankfully I don't have to concern myself with such matters. My family line is Germanic as far back as I have been able to trace it so far (1200s).

Personally, I don't care what the man calls himself, that's his choice.

Like Suzy though, I am very tired of hearing all this racial talk coming from those who love to talk about how race shouldn't be a factor or that race doesn't exist, or that we should all be color blind, etc.

Of course, this is very typical. Liberals have been among the biggest race-baiters and love to use race to their advantage at every turn while calling anyone else who mentions race a "racist". :roll

• Members

Many people have said to just let this topic go (about race), but I think that was the point of the OP. This is such a big deal because at least 40% of the news casts on Obama the last few weeks have talked about race and what a great thing it is for the U.S. to have the "first black president". Well the OP is right: it's a lie and a matter of deciet by Obama, his followers, and the media. He's not "African American". He's an American (if he has even ever proven that) and he is the President - whether we like it or not. End of story. There is nothind special about his heritage that is any more important than yours or mine. I must say though, I certainly expect to see him follow right in the footsteps of his idol (Lincoln) and push for undermining our constitution. Yes, this is important, because the truth should be told amidst all the lies and deciet.

• Members
Many people have said to just let this topic go (about race)' date=' but I think that was the point of the OP. This is such a big deal because at least 40% of the news casts on Obama the last few weeks have talked about race and what a great thing it is for the U.S. to have the "first black president". Well the OP is right: it's a lie and a matter of deciet by Obama, his followers, and the media. He's not "African American". He's an American (if he has even ever proven that) and he is the President - whether we like it or not. End of story. There is nothind special about his heritage that is any more important than yours or mine. I must say though, I certainly expect to see him follow right in the footsteps of his idol (Lincoln) and push for undermining our constitution. Yes, this is important, because the truth should be told amidst all the lies and deciet.[/quote']

Thank you! :goodpost:

We are christians. We should be praying for our Country, the President, and the current financial crisis. We do not need to go that route like the rest of the world. We need to stop the black and white comments that continues to damage this country.