• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

is anyone going to be around this weekend?

• Administrators

I have Monday off, so I won't be on the net at all until Tuesday.

Tomorrow we will hold services at our nursing home, just as we do every Sat. We got some treats for the residents in honor of the 4th. Sunday, we will go to church as usual. Monday I will enjoy my day off.

In past years we have done fireworks, but...last year we didn't because our son was in AIT. This year we won't because he is working a recruiting booth in the next county during the fireworks there. *sigh*

Our church held its second annual 5K race this morning, and had a Taste of Fairhaven afterwards.

Am looking forward to having a day off.

Oh - and we are flying our flag. We do daily, but especially on the 4th!!

• Members

July the 4th is the anniversary of the burning to death of a native of my former hometown of Faversham.

http://www.samandra.freeserve.co.uk/ah.htm

Tomorrow I will be remembering this young man.

• Members

I'll be working Saturday night like I always do. If I come in a little early to work I can see the fireworks from the back of the building since where I work is located on top the highest hill in the city. Last year I was able to clearly watch TWO shows going on at the same time.

• Members

My Saturday will be spent like most Saturdays, finishing my sermons. They have a big event in town for the 4th, but its way to worldly to attend, I don't care the least bit to be and pay to attend an event where there's ungodly music sung by an ungodly country western singer, along with a few people who live around this area.

Invicta, That is interesting.

http://www.samandra.freeserve.co.uk/ah.htm

Thanks for posting it, sad to say there be few today who would die for their faith. I've spoke about such things to many Christians, most of them seem to think it would be honorable to lie about faith in Christ, for if they kept their life they could do more for Christ than they could if they were honest and lost their life's standing up for Him.

Thank goodness we have had people who love Christ enough in the past that they would not deny Him even if it meant they lost their life's.

Hope every one has a Happy 4th.