• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Free From The Blood of All Men

• Members

Paul stated that he was free from the blood of all men which I take to mean he witnessed to everyone he met and I read an author recently who stated that her mother shared Jesus with literally everyone she met.

I'm wondering how this looks practically. How is this done? When I read something like that, I see myself in Wal-mart with my four kids and wonder how in the world? Every single person I pass in the aisle, every stock person, every cashier...seriously, how is this done? This is a serious question; I know I need to witness more and it has been a burden on my heart.

• Members

When was his mother doing this? It's possible this occured before Wal-Marts.

It would be virtually impossible to do this in a practical manner, as you said, like when in a Wal-Mart or at the mall or other places with crowds. A person could "meet" a hundred or more people and never be able to shop. Not to mention that eventually someone would complain and a manager would demand you stop "harrassing" their customers.

I try to let the Spirit guide me in such matters and I can honestly say I've never felt led to witness to every person I meet.

Interesting topic :thumb

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Paul stated that he was free from the blood of all men which I take to mean he witnessed to everyone he met and I read an author recently who stated that her mother shared Jesus with literally everyone she met.

I'm wondering how this looks practically. How is this done? When I read something like that, I see myself in Wal-mart with my four kids and wonder how in the world? Every single person I pass in the aisle, every stock person, every cashier...seriously, how is this done? This is a serious question; I know I need to witness more and it has been a burden on my heart.

Paul's method seem to be going to a city and first preaching in the synagogue then setting up a place to witness to the Gentiles usually staying for a while in that city. I don't see anyplace where Paul witnessed to every person he came across or knocking every door. So there was some responsibility probably on the saints to get the word out to have folks come hear Paul speak and responsibility on the sinners to come here Paul. There are churches all over America still preaching the gospel plus on the radio and TV so there will be no excuse for the sinner saying he/she never heard it.