• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can we count to 50 before a Mod posts?

• Members

It's amazing how certain songs from our youth can trigger memories and feelings after all these years.

It certainly is.  Our pastor friend, in southeastern, OH, and his wife don't like the music of Johnny Cash.  I grew up on Cash, as my dad loved his music and his distinctive voice.  I have the gospel songs of Johnny and June Carter Cash.  I also believe Johnny was saved as a young boy.  And, June Carter was also born again.  His prOBlem with drugs and alcohol give testimony that the Lord can take away any sin out of a person's life.  I asked my friends if they ever watched the movie, "Walk the Line."  They haven't.  Anyway, on Cash's gravestone is one of my favorite scriptures.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer." ~ Psalm 19:14 

Edited by candlelight

• Members

Yep, I grew up listening to Johnny Cash as well. When I was a young child my Mom gave me several country albums, including Johnny Cash. I always liked the song Walk The Line. His singing of Gospel songs is great, and I also still like Loretta Lynn's Gospel singing too.

Oh, I forgot about Loretta Lynn's gospel singing.  My family listened to those, as well.

• Members

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, aaaaaaaaand

I win!  :clapping:  :bleh:  :humble: 

Do I get a cookie?  :th_eatingcookies: