• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can we count to 50 before a Mod posts?

• Members

Zwei.

How long before someone OBjects to us counting in tongues?

if you say "I bought a honda, but I should have bought a Kia" really fast, you can pass in most pentecostal churches

IBOUGHTAHONDABUTISHOULDHAVEBOUGHTAKIA! - people will be floppin like crazayy

one.

• Members

TV commercials are using a lot of music from the 70s and 80s these days. I find it oddly humorous that some of these once "great" songs and bands are now having their music used to sell some of the oddest stuff.

Yeah, I have noticed that John.  As much as I try to ignore the T.V., with my brother living with us, I can't avoid hearing the T.V. when he comes home from work and parks himself in his Lazy Boy for the afternoon and evening.  They are also advertising 1970's and 1980's music on T.V.  You know, those huge collections of big hits during those years?  I think I'll pass...

• Members

When I'm at my sisters house the TV is on constantly. With baby boomers getting older now and wanting to relive their youth companies are cashing in on selling them the 70s and 80s music the younger boomers grew up with. There is also a market among some of the youth who this music is new to.

At least back then I was mostly OBlivious as to what the songs were actually about. These days if I hear a song from back then I actually catch the lyrics and think "Wow! That's what they were singing about?!"

• Members

When I'm at my sisters house the TV is on constantly. With baby boomers getting older now and wanting to relive their youth companies are cashing in on selling them the 70s and 80s music the younger boomers grew up with. There is also a market among some of the youth who this music is new to.

At least back then I was mostly OBlivious as to what the songs were actually about. These days if I hear a song from back then I actually catch the lyrics and think "Wow! That's what they were singing about?!"

I don't know how people can listen to the T.V. all the time.  I boggles my mind, and reminds me of noise pollution.  I love the Hallmark station and AMC.  My hubby and I also watch, "This Old House" and the carpenter/contractor Ron Hazelton.  These two shows are informative and give us ideas with projects on how to build our house when we move to south eastern, OH.  That is if we decide to build instead of going with a pre-fab/modular home.

I enjoyed the 70's music before I got saved.  However, I have no interest in listening to it anymore.  The 80's music seemed shallow to me.  I grew up on listening to Folk Music and other older artists, as my parents were born in 1928 and 1930.  From time to time, I hear a folk song while in public and it reminds me of my childhood.